From the creators of King’s League: Odyssey comes Tiny Guardians - a strategy TD game with a twist!
"I'm giving the game 5 stars, because I love everything about it. I will be playing until the brutal bitter end and loving all of it." - AppGamer (5/5)
"I can’t recommend it strongly enough. It’s a unique spin on tower defense that’s easily worth the price of admission." - Gamezebo (4.5/5)
"The concept is simple and different enough to separate this one from the rest, and it’s just a nice breath of fresh air when you think about it." - AppAdvice (4.5/5)
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
► Taipei Game Show 2016 Indie Game Awards – Most Popular Game
► Casual Connect Asia 2015 Indie Prize Awards – Best Game In Show Audience Choice
► Astro Go Innovate 2014 Showcase – Grand Prize
► Featured in the App Store’s Best New Game
► Featured in the App Store’s Best of April 2015
► Featured in the App Store’s 15 Cutest Games Collection
Prepare to embark on an epic adventure!
Summon unique guardians to defend Lunalie against various enemies as she journeys through Prism in search of her missing aunt, the Sorceress.
Beware of wild beasts, eerie creatures, molten enemies and mysterious circus folk along your journey.
With each unlocked class and enemy, expand your collection of dazzling cards! Various updates and unit classes allow for diverse strategies, allowing a different experience on every try.
• TD without towers, a refreshing take on this strategy genre.
• 12 guardian classes (with 4 upgradable levels each) are available.
• Over 40 diverse enemy types, come up with different strategies to defeat them.
• Exciting and unique boss fights and special events in certain levels.
• Each level has a Story and Challenge Mode, each with three difficulties.
• Achievements are integrated with the Game Center to store all your accomplishments.
• Gorgeously illustrated cards to summon guardians. Collect them all!
• All the above allow for plenty of strategies!
* Retina display support - view all the detailed artwork in high quality!
* Universal app: play on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
* iCloud support for you to share your progress across devices.
Regarding In-App Purchases:
IAPs in the game are purely cosmetic.
No additional purchase is needed to finish the game.
For more information or if you have enquiries/feedback, drop by one of the below:
• Developer site: kurechii.com
• Game Site: tinyguardians.com
• Twitter: @kurechii
• Facebook: facebook.com/kurechii
• General: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tech Support: email@example.com
- Fixed various bugs.
- Performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun and cute; in need of quality if life updates?
I love this game and have found it on multiple platforms; but in my opinion, it is in dire need of a touch-up. Post-knight and now Post-knight 2 is out, but Tiny Guardians hasn't gotten anything new. Issues for me:
1. You can't bring new units to previous missions - makes doing older missions more of a chore than enjoyment, and takes away the fun of the challenge (can't use new "cards" on hard-mode either).
Possible solution: allow new units to be used on older levels right away, or maybe it's unlocked after finishing the main storyline.
2. The story is sweet, but once you complete it, besides endless mode, there isn't much to do/aim for...
Possible solution: New game-modes, or maybe a "portal to another world" situation, or Lunala does a new map with [Spoiler].
3. The game screen and features are copy and pasted when played on different platforms. So, on my iphone I can barely read some of the writing due to how the game fills the screen, or I can't see some of the time release circles because they are almost completely offscreen!
4. Targeting issues: the way the a.i. targeting works makes it impossible for you to "make" your units attack a particular enemy, so sometimes your units are decimated because the targeting system doesn't allow you to "prioritize" certain targets!
Overall a great, smoothly built game that is tricky to play, at times, but fun to pick up!
Cute and strategic
Comparisons to Kingdom Rush aside, this is a very fun “reverse tower defense”. Guiding the main character through hoards of baddies is very fun, and in some fights it gets quite hectic, swiping here and there trying to herd your lil defensive units to safety. Sometimes it’s a little too hectic, and even on my large phone screen it’s easy to poke the wrong unit during a fracas leading to some minor frustration, but it mostly works well.
The graphics are unfortunately the main reason people assume this is a Kingdom Rush clone. The character design definitely has its own style though, and some of the units are downright adorable. The level design is a bit less engaging (I wish I could zoom out!) but definitely serviceable.
All in all this is a solid, unique game, and much more than it appears at first glance.
I love the game but (edit)
Ok I want to buy a unit with money. The Paladin. However, when I purchased the unit, the game crashes. I log back in to see it still not acquired. I buy it again (this time for free due to already purchasing it) but the game crashes once more. This repeats on and on. Why? You already fixed the bug with the bundle purchase. There goes my money down the drain without anything to show for it. Please fix it to the best of your abilities.
Nevermind, after consistently restarting the app it worked all of a sudden but still please fix that bug, it’s quite frustrating.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kurechii Sdn Bhd
- 481.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Kurechii Sdn Bhd
- In-App Purchases
- Paladin $1.99
- Wizard $2.99
- Sentinel $1.99
- Dancer $4.99
- Alternative Appearances Bundle $8.99
- Knight Alternative Appearance $1.99
- Archer Alternative Appearance $1.99
- Rogue Alternative Appearance $4.99
- Magician Alternative Appearance $2.99
- Berserker Alternative Appearance $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.