TippyTalk is an Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) app for people of all ages who have trouble speaking due to aphasia, nonverbal autism, stroke, apraxia, down syndrome, ALS and other speech and language disorders.
Using TippyTalk, non-verbal and speech-impaired persons use pictorial prompts to send messages to friends and family on their mobile phones. They then respond with video, pictures, audio or text to be read aloud.
TippyTalk is also a text-to-speech (TTS) app as messages can be read aloud to anyone in the room with them.
TippyTalk is unique, affordable, and easy-to-use.
A Manager (usually a parent or other family member) customizes the app with illustrations of the TippyTalker's favorite things, such as restaurants, toys, places, pets, foods, and activities.
The TippyTalker selects illustrations to create a simple sentence.
TippyTalk gives non-verbal or speech-impaired persons of all ages ("TippyTalkers") two-way communication with the world!
The TIPPYTALK COMMUNITY mode is for the parent/family member helping the TippyTalker AND for the invited friends and family of the TippyTalker.
The TIPPYTALKER mode is for the non-verbal or speech-impaired person.
IF YOU WILL BE HELPING A TIPPYTALKER WITH THE APP, YOU ARE A MANAGER.
To get started, download the free TippyTalk Mobile app. You might want to have the app on two devices: your own device and the TippyTalker’s. Purchase a subscription, set up the TippyTalker, then invite friends and family.
After the app is set up:
– Managers customize TippyTalker for the preferences of the TippyTalker.
– Managers invite friends and family to the TippyTalker's Community.
– On the iPad, tablet and now even on mobile phones, TippyTalkers create a simple sentence by selecting illustrations. These become a written message read aloud OR sent to a TippyTalker's private community member.
– Community Members respond with text, video, or audio.
*IF YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED TO MESSAGE WITH A TIPPYTALKER, YOU ARE A COMMUNITY MEMBER.
Download this free TippyTalk Mobile app. You will be able to use this app upon accepting an invitation from a TippyTalk Manager. Receive and respond to messages on your smartphone. Send video, pictures, audio or text to be read aloud.
If you wish to purchase a license, please review the End User License Agreement
- Merged TippyTalk Community and TippyTalker into one single app — TippyTalk Mobile
- Added “Switch users” functionality
- Improved “Welcome screen” with “Login with code” functionality to log in TippyTalkers
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Helped my son express his needs
We have used this app for over a year and it has helped our non-verbal, level 3 autistic son express his needs. It’s easy to use and I love that we can get personal text messages from him sent directly to our cell phones.
Terrible app. Extremely difficult to use and very expensive. Would not recommend
Developer Response ,
Hello, we are sorry that you have difficulties using our application. If you have any issues using the application, feel free to use the "Send feedback" button in the settings menu.
Support is going to reach you and will help with issues you faced.
Also if you can share what exactly went wrong that would be super helpful for us!
Once we know what was wrong we can consider your answer and fix the issue for future users!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sadiecom Ltd
- 57.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © TippyTalk 2023
- In-App Purchases
- 1 TippyTalker license Monthly $11.99
- 1 TippyTalker license Annual $119.99
- 2 TippyTalker licenses Annual $239.99
- 2 TippyTalker licenses Monthly $23.99