Tiramisu provides customized real-time arrival information. It makes using transit easier for everyone, including commuters with visual or mobility impairments.
The app shows information about transit vehicles arrive at stops near your current location. You can customize what you see two different ways:
1. Use the route filters at the top to see only the routes you might take
2. Mark a stop as a favorite (tap the star) to show all vehicles related to this stop at the top of the list
Tiramisu has several new features to make it easier to use:
- Search: When you want to know arrival times some place different than where you are, you can use the search box at the top of the screen.
- Map: Use the map button in the upper right corner to show a map of nearby transit stops.
- Get off alert: Tiramisu will send you an alert right before you need to get off a transit vehicle. Tap on the route name to see a list of upcoming stops, and select the stop where you plan to disembark.
- Schedule information: Tiramisu will show you the schedule for any route at a specific stop. Tap on the route name and then select the Schedule tab.
Tiramisu is VoiceOver compatible.
The application currently supports the Port Authority of Allegheny County (the transit agency for Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) and New York MTA buses. We will be adding more agencies – stay tuned!
Tiramisu is a research project conducted by the RERC on Accessible Public Transportation (http://www.rercapt.org) at Carnegie Mellon University. If you have questions about the research, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit suggestions on improvements through the app store or to email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Tiramisu uses location services in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Bug fixes and changes for upcoming features.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Don't give up
There is a great need for gps tracking of Pgh Port Authority Transit, and making real time schedule information available to riders has the potential to greatly improve the efficiency of using the service for its passengers. However, not enough users are inputting data to the system to make this app useful yet.
Pros: free, different info than Maps about the options available at each stop
Cons: clunky, crashes more frequently than Maps, needs to be more publicized.
I stood for an hour at a bus stop, with three "scheduled" pickups failed to appear. Finally one did arrive, and the bus driver told me that those other buses didn't exist.
It seems somewhat reliable for the Light Rail schedule, but worse than useless for buses. (If it were completely useless, I would have at least not spent an hour for fake buses.)
No longer works
Was a 5 star app for 4 years. No longer connected to the port authority's schedule or real time tracker, it no longer works. Zero stars, find something else
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.