TLDF - TimeLapse DeFlicker 4+
Use RAW to ProRes Workflow for the highest quality timelapse output.
This universal (M1 and Intel) MAC app helps you create beautiful flicker-free sunset, cloud, city scape, and day to night time lapse easily. Shoot in auto-exposure modes, TLDF will remove the flickers for you and output high quality images (TIFF, PNG, JPEG) and videos (ProRes, HEVC, H.264).
1. Most advanced deflickering algorithm for timelapse. Non-linear adjustment of pixel brightness.
2. Noise Reduction and Blending (lighten and average). Can selectively blend frames with ease in and ease out.
3. Very fast rendering using GPU.
4. Partial Noise Reduction or Blending: Choose the area where you want to apply noise reduction or blending with masking features.
5. Edit key frames and TLDF interpolates intermediate frames for smooth transition. The edit feature includes: color temperature, tint, vibrance, saturation, exposure, contrast, highlight, and shadow adjustments.
6. Set Reference Area for optimal deflickering. For most cases, it is not necessary to use this feature. Use it when large area of image is naturally flickering (e.g. shadow of clouds on ground, reflection of sky on moving ocean tide, and large artificial lights that turn on and off). Set the reference area to exclude the area where natural flickering occurs.
7. Support RAW and most of the popular image formats as input. Also support video as input.
8. Support unlimited number of files when a folder is drag and dropped. (Tested on a sequence of 10,000 images)
9. Supports Wide-Color Gamut color profiles. Outputs sRGB, Adobe RGB, DCI P3 for images, Rec.709, P3, Rec.2020 for videos.
10. Output highest quality JPEG images and lossless 8-bit or 16-bit PNG and TIFF images. The output images have the same size as the input images.
11. Output video in H.264 (up to 4K), 8-bit or 10-bit H.265 (HEVC) (up to 8K), ProRes 422 HQ, and ProRes 4444 with resolution up to 8K or original image resolution. ProRes codecs generate video with 10+ bits per pixel.
13. 16-bit Editing and Input/Output. For input that has more than 8-bit color depth including ProRes videos and 16-bit RAW or images TLDF will automatically edit them with 16-bit color depth.
14. Support for multi-core CPUs. TLDF automatically detects the number of cores in your CPU and take advantage of them by rendering in parallel.
The following are a few example workflows:
Option 1 (Fast with Very High Quality, 16-bit workflow): Import RAW images -> Edit and Preview -> Render and Output ProRes 422 HQ videos.
Option 2 (Very Fast, 8-bit workflow): Import JPEG images -> Edit and Preview -> Render and Output images or videos .
1. Bug fix for importing images without EXIF metadata.
Ratings and Reviews
Works Incredibly! You need to try this!!
Jinsheng Xu has designed a very special application that others can't even touch. His magic behind-the-scenes truly does REMOVE FLICKER from light changes while filming a timelapse. Even use the Blend options to create star trails! THANK YOU for building such a special tool for those of us who love timelapses! Blessings!
Fantastic App with one fatal flaw
This small app is a huge help and the pro feature like pro res 4444 and rec 2020 are amazing. It works on stuff that is stationarry, but does struggle with some timelapses of a sunset I took while driving. Totally understandable though since the exposure is a little all over the place.
However, the way it processes the photos into a video file and renders them out does give me some issues. It seems like it’s building the file on my computers hard drive when rentering before movie it to the external drive I wanted it saved to. This means that if I’ve got a long video in pro res 4444 I can very easily run out of space on my hard drive for rendering.
Other than that though, it’s perfect.
Had to buy the app twice
I bought the upgrade from the TLDFLite to the full version a few years ago. I recently upgraded to a new computer and tried to download the app again, but it charged me again. WHAT A SCAM!!!!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Please click on 'Render' and then 'Restore Purchases' to restore to the full version.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jinsheng Xu
- 8.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Jinsheng Xu
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.