TLS Inspector 4+
Trust & Safety On-the-go.
Designed for iPad
Trust & Safety in the palm of your hand.
• Input & Inspect. It's really that simple.
Input a domain or IP address using the TLS Inspector app, or inspect any website from within your favourite browser using our Inspect Website extension.
• No Nonsense Results. "At a glance" has never been easier.
TLS Inspector will show you the entire issue chain for any website, and whether or not your device trusts that chain.
• Dive Deep. Details for days.
View important properties of any TLS certificate including fingerprints, dates, algorithms, and more.
• Stay Safe Online. No training required.
TLS Inspector makes it easy to detect and avoid man-in-the-middle attacks on unsafe networks by highlighting invalid and untrustworthy certificates.
• Right Place, Right Time. Inspect nearly anything from anywhere.
Easily access TLS Inspector from other apps, such as Safari, with the Show Certificates share sheet action.
TLS Inspector is free & libre open source software (FLOSS) with source code available on GitHub.
Thanks for using TLS Inspector!
Nothing all too special with this release, just addressing some issues found with the last update.
• Improved privacy when updating root CA certificate bundles (requests are now proxied through tlsinspector.com rather than directly to Github)
• Improved handling of cross-signed certificates for vendor trust status
• Improved HTTP header logic and presentation
• Big ol' batch of fixes from static analysis
• Fixed a bug where images or links wouldn't load because we weren't paying ourselves for our own API
Ratings and Reviews
A Must Have; essential security aid for iOS that I’ve used for years!
I downloaded This tool years ago and it’s been on all my devices- testing and personal- as an essential web tool, especially these days with web apps being everywhere. It’s helped me trace down all sorts of inconsistencies, unexpected behavior, and hands down shady stuff… all through the iOS share sheet! From simple double checks out of safety, to hunting down a rotten CA issue this app never fails. Thank you to the dev for keeping it updated and for designing such a great tool. Wish I wrote this 4 years ago!
Should come with iOS
Great tool that everyone should have installed. Seriously, I don’t know why this isn’t baked into iOS. Everyone should be able to inspect certificates of the sites they visit, and this app adds the feature nicely. You don’t need to switch to the app, either. You can inspect certs of the sites you’re visiting from safari.
Awesome to begin with and awesome in continuing development
A very useful tool. Developer could have stopped working on it long ago but not only corrected and added things, but also applies updates when technology, methods, and practices change over time. Keep up the good work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ian Spence
- 16.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2023 Ian Spence