TNM Cancer Staging Manual remains the gold standard reference for oncologists, surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, cancer registrars and medical professionals world-wide to ensure that all those caring for cancer patients are fully versed in the language of cancer staging. This mobile resource includes Interactive TNM calculators that help proper classification and staging of cancer -
*Colon and Rectum
*Distal Bile Duct
*Perihilar Bile Ducts
*Stomach + Many others
Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
The TNM Cancer Staging Manual is used by physicians and healthcare professionals throughout the world to facilitate the uniform description and reporting of neoplastic diseases. Proper classification and staging of cancer is essential for the physician to assign proper treatment, evaluate results of management and clinical trials, and to serve as the standard for local, regional and international reporting on cancer incidence and outcome.
Significantly expanded and developed by international disease site expert panels, the Eighth Edition TNM Cancer Staging Manual brings together all the currently available knowledge on the staging of cancer at various anatomic sites. In this edition, evidence-based TNM staging is supplemented, as appropriate, by selected molecular markers and newly acquired insights into the molecular underpinnings of cancer. This edition features 12 entirely new staging systems, a wide range of changed or new staging definitions, and a refined emphasis on a personalized-medicine approach.
- General staging rules for clinical and pathological classifications
- Staging systems in several chapters
- Organization of T, N, M, and any additional categories into groups
- Histologic classifications and grading systems
- WHO histology codes
- More illustrations
- Extensive update to Breast Cancer
- Human papillomavirus (HPV): oropharyngeal carcinoma staging systems based on HPV status
- Separate staging systems for patients with neoadjuvant therapy (esophagus and stomach)
- Levels of evidence provided for revisions to staging systems
- Imaging section
- Risk Assessment Models for select cancer sites
- Recommendations for Clinical Trial Stratification
- Prognostic factors
-- Required for prognostic stage grouping
-- Recommended for clinical care
-- Emerging factors
NEW TOPICS / STAGING SYSTEMS
- Risk Assessment Models
- Cervical Nodes and Unknown Primary Tumors of the Head and Neck
- Oropharynx, HPV-Mediated (p16+)
- Cutaneous Carcinoma of the Head and Neck (includes cutaneous carcinoma of external lip)
- Bone: Appendicular Skeleton/Trunk/Skull/Face, Pelvis, and Spine
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma of the Head and Neck
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma of the Trunk and Extremities
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma of the Abdomen and Thoracic Visceral Organs
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma of the Retroperitoneum
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma—Unusual Histologies and Sites
Based on: 8th Edition
Editor(s) : Mahul B. Amin, MD, FCAP (Editor-in-Chief), Stephen B. Edge, MD, FACS, Frederick L. Greene, MD, FACS, et. al.
Publisher : Springer
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.
Must have tool for cancer staging now has new UI/UX
Ratings and Reviews
Needs Landscape mode for iPad
So far very good, but I use it mostly on an iPad and not having landscape mode makes it difficult.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for you suggestion, our current version can be viewed in landscape mode.
At this point, it’s really too early to determine how nice this app could be. First, the use of the highlighting tool needs an overhaul to make it easier to choose and save colors and to just be able to draw one line to highlight instead of drawing and dragging the line to try to highlight either a word or sentence.
Second, the TNM Staging does not work properly.
For a lot of the sites, if you enter a T1, N1, M0, it derives a Stage Group of IVA. That is incorrect. Again, it does this for most of the sites which either means they don’t know how to stage, or they need to revamp this portion of the app and immediately update it.
It has all the great information of the hard copy which is nice to have on-the-go, but if the staging doesn’t work properly, it’s useless and I would wait and see if they fix this before spending this amount of money like I did.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear of the concerns you had experienced with previous versions of this app. We at Skyscape commit to the current content and functionality of the updated version of the TNM Cancer Staging Manual app.
Very useful tool!
This app provides the current available knowledge on the staging of cancer at various anatomic sites. It also has the useful features like levels of evidence provided for revisions to staging systems, an imaging section, risk assessment models for select cancer sites, recommendations for clinical trial stratification, and prognostic factors. A very useful tool for oncologists and other healthcare professionals!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, we aim to make our resources user friendly and helpful to our customers.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Skyscape Medpresso Inc
- 53.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © (c) 1998-2019 Skyscape Medpresso, Inc. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- AJCC Appr. Cancer Staging Man. $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.