Tired of being tracked and stalked? Bombarded with creepy, yet relevant ads?
TOB Browser was built to protect your privacy. TOB is a free-mium, ad-free Private Browser that uses TOR to make it very difficult to track your browsing footprints.
* Anonymously browse the internet without websites knowing your real IP address.
* Navigate the internet without your ISP tracking you.
* Access .onion websites ("hidden services" only available with TOR)
* Change IP address, clear cookies and cache with the press of a button.
* Disable scripts that could be used to track your network activity.
* Browse webpages without any ads thanks to a built-in content blocker.
If you enjoy this app, please consider rating it on the AppStore! If you find any bugs or problems with the app, please contact our support via the support link on this page.
Web browsing is slower than through a normal web browser due to relaying through the Tor anonymization network.
This app is not associated with The Tor Project, but uses the principals of T.O.R., an acronym for "The Onion Router", a free anonymous browsing technology.
While some functionality is available for free, some features are only available to subscribers. You can subscribe for unlimited access. These subscriptions may include weekly, monthly and annual plans. Price are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent of the subscription price in $USD. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings. While you can cancel at any time, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
Ratings and Reviews
Tob constantly crashes...
This browser used to be good but lately all it does is crash. Open a page in onion crash, open a forum crash, open a webpage on clearnet crash. All it does is crash and after crashing once it starts a crash loop where you do ANYTHING and it crashes. What good is anonymous browsing if you can’t even load a page without it crashing? Fix it please.
Not .onion user
When used with VPN (and the VPN is based in an appropriate country) this could be a good solution for Internet access.
But some secure sites may not work through it (e.g., U.S. banks etc.).
Quick wish list for iOS:
- ability to set this browser as default in iOS (which may be a limitation of iOS), or at least be prompted which browser to use to open a website/URL (maybe this could be implemented as a content management extension to Safari on iOS [it slows multiple such extensions at the same time]?)
- screen shortcut enable/disable active content for individual websites/tabs instead of only on the level of the entire browser
- allow/disallow site cookies for individual websites/tabs and auto-delete cookies of individual websites after the tab closed.
- add websites to the rules and edit a rule right from the tab with an open website
Hardly a secure tor connection.
Y’all need to know how to use tor correctly to factually vanish your fingerprint to snooping eyes before connection to any darkweb site. If you think a mere connection to tor does so, you are leaving traces that connect back to you. Get a vpn (privately owned is most certainly best as you know what happens to the logs and other data left behind when they are yours). However Zuckerberg is proving that there is mountains more data that IS stored and sometimes sold to third parties without your knowledge or consent. Don’t be caught thinking you are secure just because you have this app that connects to Tor, without a further means of encryption AND complete assurance your data isn’t collected this app is worthless to secure your browsing. Quit being misled.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Privacy Browser Inc.
- 43.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Privacy Browser
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited A $4.99
- Unlimited C $29.99
- Unlimited B $19.99