With Toca Kitchen Sushi, you’re the chef of a busy seaside restaurant. Customers come in, and you decide what they’re going to eat. Feel like slicing up squid, asparagus, and candy canes, and rolling it all up into a cone of seaweed? Go right ahead. Want to make stars and hearts of watermelon and mix them with fish and hot peppers? Make the roundest rice ball? You’ve got great tools for that right at your fingertips. With a fantastic array of ingredients, condiments, tools, serving dishes and some hidden surprises, you’re set for some serious play.
Once you’re finished cooking up something unexpected for your customers—it could even be totally gross if you want—sit back and see how they react. That might be the most surprising thing of all!
- Greet your customers, then head to the fridge to see all your fresh ingredients. Choose from rice, tuna, avocado, asparagus, squid, salmon, pepper, salami, radish, candy canes (no joke!), ginger, potato, tofu, shrimp and many, many more. If you’d rather stick to just veggies, switch to the vegan setting!
- The shape machine is 1,000 light years ahead of a plain old rice cooker. Using the control panel, you can form any ingredient into different shapes, like an oval, square, or even a flower!
- The rolling mat is where everything comes together. Whether it’s a sheet of seaweed, tofu or lettuce, you can roll up your ingredients into sushi, funky cones, giant burritos, you name it.
- Want your food a bit well-done? Crank up the temperature on the frying pan and see what happens.
- Hit the cutting board to slice up your ingredients or your sushi rolls. Your blade is masterful—it can cut through anything, like a huge fish or hard salami!
- Once you’ve prepared your meal, it needs the perfect plate. Get artistic about it, arrange the food in perfect patterns, or make a huge, messy pile; even decorate with funny stickers. Do something extra and you may get a big reaction from your customers!
- The dining counter is where your customers finally get to see your culinary creation, grab their chopsticks and dig in. Will their eyes brighten in delight, or will they make a grossed-out face?
So, what will you serve today?
Toca Boca creates digital toys and other playful products for kids around the world. Since its first product launch in 2011, Toca Boca has released 42 apps that have been downloaded more than 225 million times in every country, making it the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Its products focus on sparking kids’ imaginations and creating opportunities for open-ended play. With offices in San Francisco and Stockholm, Toca Boca is owned by Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. For more information, please visit www.tocaboca.com.
We updated the app to include a new camera feature allowing you to take photos of your creations! Using the camera icon, snap a picture of your finished plate, or of a customer tasting your dish. Plus, keep an eye out for new reactions (both delighted and grossed-out) from the characters!
Ratings and Reviews
A few suggestions... and a lot of potential.
Ok. So this game is good. GOOD. I’ve been playing for a while and I’ve found that the controls are not very good at all. It’s very difficult to arrange the pieces in the roll and on the plate, and I find that to be... annoying, to say the least. That is my prime concern. I also think this game could use some king of drink making station. It could be something like tea, or another drink you’d expect at a sushi restaurant. Also, we need more characters. I’ve always wanted more characters in the other Toca Kitchen games, and I’d hoped for more in this installment, but to my slight disappointment, there were only three. However, the concept, visuals, and creativity are all outstanding (not a surprise, because it’s a Toca Boca game), but it has room for improvement. So to recap, my suggestions are: 1) better controls, make it easier to place food, 2) drinks, and 3) more characters. My main concern is the controls and ease of use. But this game has so much potential! And it’s still fun to play, don’t get me wrong. It just has so much room for improvement. Too much at times, for my liking. I really want to love it, but I just can’t for now.
Good but could be better....
I personally love Toca Kitchen Sushi but I wish there was other things like something that you could add. I really want some kinda drink making station cause that would be really cool. This game also doesn’t have enough ingredients cause I want more kinds of fish and other foods. I wish it was easier to chop food cause when I try to chop or slice something it makes me pick it up or slice the wrong spots. Also, there isn’t a lot of characters cause there is only three, cmon Toca you can do better than that. I wish you could also choose your character to serve food to cause it just does a pattern and I don’t like it. Also I want the restaurant to serve soup, I know it’s kinda crazy cause your probably thinking: “Why would they want soup, this is a sushi restaurant.” But it would be much more cooler.
A random person on the internet.
Really good but more people
🐨 🌴 Greetings! I think the game is really good! I like how you made the food designs and the graphics. I love sushi 🍣 and I am glad you made this game! I 💗 the people, but we need a little more people. Why would you just add 3 people? Because you have no more ideas? Well I can help you make ideas 💡 and help you. So maybe you should make a panda 🐼 it’s a great resource. But you could also make another human maybe like a girl 👧🏼 , the girl should look like she has brown hair, brown eyes, and tan/olive skin. With a cute gold dress 👗 and make it shiny! You should also make a boy with brown hair, brown eyes, skin color tan. With a shirt 👕 with a record on it and blue jeans. With the panda 🐼 make it brown and white just like the pic. Well I hope these people become an update and I hope these people were a good idea! Well I will see ya later. Goodbye! 🐨 🌴
- Toca Boca AB
- 133.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Toca Boca AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.