Ranked as “the best to-do list right now” by The Verge, Todoist is used by 25 million people to organize, plan and collaborate on projects, both big and small.
Use Todoist to:
• Capture and organize tasks the moment they pop into your head.
• Remember deadlines with reminders and due dates.
• Build lasting habits with recurring due dates like "every Monday".
• Collaborate on projects by assigning tasks to others.
• Prioritize your tasks with priority levels.
• Track your progress with personalized productivity trends.
• Integrate your tools like Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Amazon Alexa and more.
Available on any device, Todoist will quickly become your hub for getting work and life organized.
Why you’ll love it on macOS:
• Quickly add tasks from anywhere with cmd+shift+A.
• Simply type details like "tomorrow at 4pm" and Todoist will recognize it all for you.
• A Safari extension comes built-in to quickly plan your day and add websites as tasks.
• All the power from macOS: Siri, Today widget, Share extension, and more.
• • •
Questions? Feedback? Visit get.todoist.help or reach out on Twitter @todoist.
*About Pro plan billing*:
If you upgrade to the Pro plan, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can choose to be billed monthly or yearly. You can turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID Account Settings any time after purchase.
This update for Todoist for macOS is special. It’s a fresh, new under-the-hood design. That means faster updates, more features, and more fixes.
As always, contact us if you notice anything buggy.
Ratings and Reviews
A Diary of My Life
I'm not kidding when I say you could basically read my diary by checking my completed tasks in ToDoist... my husband and I operate off of ToDoist for everything - daily chores, monthly chores, annual chores, scheduling annual doctor appointments, reminders to purchase anniversary gifts, packing lists, ideas for long road trips, reminders to plan a date night, work projects, finances, reminders to change our address when our car lien expires, etc. There are plenty of pro-users out there that use every trick ToDoist has, but we LIVE off of the multiple projects, sharing, tasks, subtasks, priority levels and due dates. There is not a single day that goes by where we don't use ToDoist and it improves our mental health to have everything we should do written out and easisly check-off-able. We have our daily walks with our dog, exercise, a reminder to start cooking lunch & dinner, medicine reminders, etc in there too. Cannot recommend enough!
Also, for work, I am consistenly recognized as the most efficient person for completing my work. I owe this all to ToDoist. Everyday, I clear out my easy stuff that takes a total of 5-10 minutes apiece for the first 1-2 hours of my day, then jump into my big projects for the day. I know exactly what to do when based on due date and importance level. Couldn't get through my workday without it!
Best Keeps Getting Better
I've used Todoist for quite some time, and gladly pay for the premium version. I appreciate the ability to define and use as many tags as you want on items, the ability to define sections within each project. I personally add sections for backlog, in progress, and paused to help keep me focused.
I have few complaints: (1) on mobile, rearranging items by dragging is made difficult because tapping on an item first brings up a pretty long menu, and you have to slide your finger outside of the menu area to make the menu go away so you can drag the item to a new location. (2) While I like being able to arrange projects into a hierarchy, I would love to be able to select a parent project and see a consolidated list of all items that isn't divided up by project and section. For example, I have "work" and "personal" projects, and under each of those I have other projects like "Q3 planning", and "yardwork". and so on. If I click on the work project, I'd like to see all the items in one list, not just all the items in "work" followed by all the items in "Q3 planning" followed by sections for each other subproject.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback, it has been noted!
Have you tried using a filter with the query "##work" or "##personal" this should show you all tasks within your parent project and its sub-projects in the same view.
Missing some mundane things
Been a paid subscriber for awhile, Todoist has the best overall user experience in my opinion. However, I have come to find that Todoist is missing two very basic features that Microsoft Todo has. The latter's UX is not as good, but the lack of these two things prevent me from thinking Todoist is flawless.
1. When I have a repeating task, say daily, and I forget to mark it as complete on the previous days, making it as complete treats it as marking the *last* occurance as completed, and the next occurance is shown. i.e. I haven't marked a daily task as complete for three days, marking it today treats todays occurance as complete and the next notification is tomorrow. Maybe a design decision from having to mark the same task as complete many times, but is annoying fo rme.
2. This is the sticking point for me, and I am likely going to cancel my subscription: There is no way to notify when a task is ADDED to a shared list. Todoist only notifies on shared lists when items are assigned to you, or when items are marked as completed. This is very annoying for shared lists, because you might see an item that was just added via a notification that you can quickly address. This is a bigger issue for shopping lists. My wife adds some items to the list, I have no idea unless I open the app to see, or unless she assigns them to me (assuming I am the one going to shop).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Doist Inc.
- 174.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Doist Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Todoist Pro - Yearly $35.99
- Todoist Pro - Monthly $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.