Apple Watch Screenshots
TokeiTango is derived from the Japanese words 時計 tokei (watch/clock) and 単語 tango (word). It is a flashcard app to learn over 9,000 of the most common Japanese words. It's the Anki for the Apple Watch.
This app is dedicated for the Apple Watch - the information and user interface has been designed to cater for the small screen and the study sessions are deliberately short to allow you to sneak in some Japanese study while you're catching the train or waiting in line (and to give your raised arm a rest).
Some of the key features of this app are:
- Spaced-repetition algorithm to repeat Japanese words that you attempt incorrectly more frequently than the words that you know well
- Bookmark words so you can look them up in a dictionary later
- Choosing the order in which you want to learn words (such as by JLPT levels)
- Choosing the colour theme of the cards
- Statistics to track how many Japanese words you have learnt
- Audio output for every Japanese word so you can practice your pronounciation
- Example sentences for every Japanese word to help memorise words and better understand how to use them
- Watchface complications to learn new words while glancing at the time
- Daily notifications to do a bit of study
Please follow me on twitter (@tokeitango) and provide any suggestions/feedback for future versions.
Improved the JLPT classifications of words by cross-referencing with other sources.
Ratings and Reviews
Watch complications for the win!
Picking up my wrist and seeing random Japanese words right there on my main watch face is a neat pick me up. I’ve learned lots of interesting words I wouldn’t have otherwise thought to look up. Moreso, it’s kinda a party trick for me when I get to show my friends the Japanese words that just pop up on my watch whenever I raise my wrist. On top of that the flash cards, example sentences, bookmarking, bot—audio and srs make this app super cool fun times. I really like it.
Great App for On-The-Go Study
The app was very well made for the Apple Watch. Uses a standard and effective method for learning vocabulary.
If I would add anything to this app, it would be 2 things: 1) Allow to see the example sentences and pronunciation audios from the Bookmarks saved, 2) Add the same type of complication to other watch faces that support the space required in the middle section.
Other than that, phenomenal app!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and feedback!
Please bare with me, but these feature requests will be implemented in future updates.
Best app for learning Japanese vocab
I use this app everyday on the train to work and have noticed a huge improvement in my vocabulary! It’s great having all these Japanese words and translations on your wrist to study whenever you get a spare moment.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dittman Shum
- 9.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 ディトマン
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.