The Tollsmart Toll Calculator app was the first app to calculate toll costs for any routes across the US and remains the most comprehensive and accurate FREE toll calculator app on the market with expanded coverage that now includes all tolls in Canada and Mexico.
Tollsmart now also powers some of the most exciting and innovative transportation and mobility service apps through the Tollsmart API services. Learn more and sign up for a free trial at https://developers.tollsmart.com.
Tollsmart is FREE to us for calculating toll costs for a single route anywhere in the US, Canada and Mexico for 2-axle passenger vehicles.
Additional Features include:
- Display alternative routes that save money (unlock for $2.99 in-app purchase or share on Facebook)
- See where your transponder is (and isn't) accepted
- See where you'll encounter cashless tolls
- Track tolls while driving for easy export into expense reports via Toll Tracker™ service ($2.99 annual subscription).
-USA Express Lanes displayed when an option based on time of day and direction of travel.
*Express Lane pricing is based on peak and off-peak averages and not included in toll calculations. Real times prices are displayed for Seattle's I-405 Express Lanes.
PLEASE NOTE REGARDING PRICING: There is $2.99 monthly subscription fee for adding multiple vehicles or additional vehicle sizes including trailers, RVs, commercial vehicles and trucks up to 9-axles in size under the following terms:
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the same monthly rate of $2.99
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication."
This version of Tollsmart supports toll fees for ticketed and non-ticketed toll roads, as well as toll bridges and tunnels.
***Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
If you are traveling with a transponder you can select it from the comprehensive list of transponder accounts in the Options menu and Tollsmart will apply the appropriate discounts, as well as highlight which toll facilities along your route accept your transponder (green push pin) and which will not (purple push pin). Please note for E-ZPass accounts it’s important to select the state in which your transponder account was acquired (i.e. NY E-ZPass) as discounts may not apply across other states.
Specials discount plans, such as those for commuters, seniors, veterans or Green drivers are not supported in this version.
In certain states, such as California, one may open a Pay-By-Mail account for repeated use at discount prices, as opposed to paying a one-time fee. Please note that this version of Tollsmart provides only one-time entry prices, it does not support Pay-By-Plate and Pay-By-Mail accounts.
ADDITIONAL FEE INFORMATION
Some toll fees vary by day of the week, time of day or season. The prices for each toll are quoted for the expected time of passing through a toll based on when you entered your route in Tollsmart.
Note that some toll facilities allow you to pay with a credit card and/or with video tolling technology to bill via the mail, but additional service charges may apply.
If we’ve missed a toll or you come across an outdated price please let us know through the Feedback link in the app.
-Improved Toll Tracker functionality
-Bug fixes and interface improvements
Ratings and Reviews
This app is good, but i have 2 problems with it.
1st is using navigation on background no matter if you use the app, it’s killing my battery during the night if i forget to change my phone in full.
2nd- i tried to unsubscribe but it still charging me monthly fee. It’s saying that auto-renewal can be turned off from account settings, but this app doesn’t have settings.
Do I really have to give a star
I mean really. I got this app thinking it would be great to know how many tolls there will be and what the overall cost would be for the tolls. And so we have an RV so I wasn't to happy at the fact you had to purchase extra to get toll info on RVs, but hey I get it they need to make money somehow. But I didn't this such a highly advertised app that had some great reviews would rip people off. You pay like $3-4 in order to receive incorrect information. I bought the add on in order to get the information on RVs just to discover that they just put the same exact pricing as a regular 2-axle car. Like one would think that for such a price you would actually get the correct information. Needless to say this app did not meet the standards it gave itself.
The only tolls app that actually works!
Really accurate and well designed.
- Tollsmart, LLC
- 5.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Tollsmart, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Prices for Other Vehicles $2.99
- Unlock Alternate Routes $2.99
- Toll Tracker™ $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.