Visit us at www.tollsmart.com for more information about tolls and/or to subscribe to one of our APIs for development.
Tollsmart Toll Calculator app was the first app to calculate toll costs for any routes across the US and remains the most comprehensive and accurate FREE toll calculator app on the market with expanded coverage that now includes all tolls in Canada, Mexico, the UK, Scandinavia, Western & Central Europe, Brazil, Australia and New Zealand (the list is expanding). Tollsmart is FREE to use for calculating toll costs for 2-axle passenger vehicles.
Tollsmart now also powers some of the most exciting and innovative transportation and mobility service apps through the Tollsmart API services. Learn more and sign up for a free trial at https://developers.tollsmart.com.
-Compute routes with origin/destination/via-points chosen from map search, contacts and arbitrary points on a map (saved in search history)
-Select transponder accounts to include associated discounts
-Set departure time for accurate results
-Know the price of tolls at the time when you'd drive through them (variable prices are integrated with calculations)
-Calculate (and navigate) with Google or Open Street Maps.
-Set vehicle parameters (see details below for in-app purchase/subscription)
-Store multiple vehicles
- Display alternative routes that save money (unlock for $2.99 in-app purchase or share on Facebook)
- See where your transponder is (and isn't) accepted
- See where you'll encounter cashless tolls
- Track tolls while driving for easy export into expense reports via Toll Tracker™ service ($2.99 annual subscription).
-USA Express Lanes displayed when an option based on time of day and direction of travel.
*Express Lane pricing is given as likely minimum and maximum range for a trip. Real times prices are displayed for a select express lanes.
PLEASE NOTE REGARDING PRICING: There is $2.99 monthly subscription fee for adding multiple vehicles or additional vehicle sizes including trailers, RVs, commercial vehicles and trucks up to 9-axles in size under the following terms:
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the same monthly rate of $2.99
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication."
View the Tollsmart Subscription Terms at https://www.tollsmart.com/mobile-apps-subscriptions-tos
This version of Tollsmart supports toll fees for ticketed and non-ticketed toll roads, as well as toll bridges and tunnels.
If you are traveling with a transponder you can select it from the comprehensive list of transponders in the Options menu and Tollsmart will apply the appropriate discounts, as well as highlight which toll facilities along your route accept your transponder (green push pin) and which will not (purple push pin). Please note for E-ZPass accounts it’s important to select the state in which your transponder account was acquired (i.e. NY E-ZPass) as discounts may not apply across other states.
Specials discount plans, such as those for commuters, seniors, veterans or Green drivers are not supported in this version.
For certain tolls, one may open a Pay-By-Mail account for repeated use at discount prices, as opposed to paying a one-time fee. This version of Tollsmart provides only one-time entry prices, it does not support Pay-By-Plate and Pay-By-Mail accounts.
Some toll facilities charge additional service fees (such as for video tolling).
-Support for tolls, congestion zones and express lanes in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil. Countries include: USA, Canada, Mexico, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czechia, Slovenia and Belgium, Norway, Sweden, the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Denmark, Luxembourg, Iceland, Andorra, New Zealand and Brazil (and we keep adding more countries). For a complete list, please visit www.tollsmart.com.
-Interface now supports all currencies
-Added support for emissions types and other parameters of a vehicle (editing vehicles requires an in-app purchase or a subscription)
-Interface improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Too much hassle to use. Not always calculating the fastest routes. Not very useful with out a subscription
Some basic interactions are not intuitive to use (1) the address auto-fill in the input field, which causes manual work for users to type addresses on their own. (2) the “Calculate Route” tab on tab bar is redundant yet still interactive, i’d suggest to not show it unless both locations are filled. (3) Some tabs in the menu panel do not work, for example, users might have no idea after they tap “Cancel”.
This app is good, but i have 2 problems with it.
1st is using navigation on background no matter if you use the app, it’s killing my battery during the night if i forget to change my phone in full.
2nd- i tried to unsubscribe but it still charging me monthly fee. It’s saying that auto-renewal can be turned off from account settings, but this app doesn’t have settings.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tollsmart, LLC
- 4.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Tollsmart, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Prices for Other Vehicles $2.99
- Unlock Alternate Routes $2.99
- Toll Tracker™ $2.99
- Prices for Non-Commercial Vehicles $3.99
- Customize ETC Accounts $0.00
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.