Tomato 2 is a simple application for increasing personal productivity. Work for 25 minutes, take a 5 minute break, then repeat.
This new version has some new features:
- Silent mode: Go to silent mode and don't be interrupted when your session ends. Slip right into the zone.
- 5 more minutes: In the middle of something important? Don't take the break right now, but also get a reminder soon.
- Always-visible break timer: Don't get lost on the Internet.
- Setting a goal: Write down the goal of your current session inside the app. Constant reminder to help you stay focused on the task.
Tomato 2 also supports some basic features for the Pomodoro technique:
- Configurable focus and break durations
- Short and long breaks
- Chart of how the current day was spent
- Fixed crash that happens for some users when they open Stats
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Minimalistic & Work Focused
1) There aren't any fancy designs to keep you hindered from your work. Work Focused.
2) It's still very beautiful
3) The little memo box is very helpful! It's like a note from your past self telling you what you're supposed to be doing in that particular time interval. Very nice.
4) Sometimes you don't want to leave your work, and while other apps rip you out of your Zen to remind you that time's up, Tomato 2 allows you to keep on grooving until you say so. You take charge.
1) Fluxuating between time intervals is a bit annoying since you have to go through the settings. I'd wish there was at least a toggle button on the home page where you can input your 2 most used pomodoro times (Ex, switch between 60 min intervals or 30 min). But, I'll still give it 5 stars since I don't alternate between time intervals too much.
No Fuss and Perfect
The only thing I'd like more is for the time to have an option to be displayed in the top bar (as in tomato one). Other than that it's absolutely perfect for me.
edit: with the time up in the menu bar, I will probably never use another productivity timer again. I love the no bs design and the pomodoro tally. If I could give it more stars, I would!
Developer Response ,
This is fixed now!
Tomato 1 is better
I believe the positive reviews refer to version 2. Version 3 crashes when I try to see my stats, which was sadly disappointing and counter-productive. The earlier version was easier to pause and one could see one's stats as a bar chart. I give Tomato 2 five stars, but I had to uninstall Tomato 2. Luckily the earlier version is still available.
Developer Response ,
Already working on stats bug. Bar charts are coming soon too. And those 5-star reviews refer t Tomato 2. You're one hard to please user, aren't ya? :) Have a blessed day.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.