Track your fitness and find your motivation for a fitter life in the TomTom Sports app. View all your activities in one place, see your steps and fitness Trends through Daily Summaries, and reach your goals faster with motivational feedback, even without a TomTom Sports device.
The TomTom Sports app gets you going
- Allow data import from Apple Health to start tracking your daily activities: steps, calories, active time, and distance
- Set your activity tracking goals and see your progress trends over time
- Compare yourself with other TomTom Sports users of your age, gender, and activity level, with Peer Comparisons
- Get your daily dose of motivation with activity Daily Summaries
- See how you’re doing throughout the day with Hour-by-Hour views and progress Trends
- Share your fitness achievements on your favorite Social Media and get motivation from your friends
- Import weight from a smart scale compatible with Apple Health, and see your Trends in the app.
TomTom Sports app and your TomTom Sports product: the perfect match
The TomTom Sports app is packed with features, yet easy to use. With a TomTom Sports product you will be able to do even more, such as:
- Set your goal for the sport you love. Track your workout with your TomTom Sports product and relive it on the app, with all stats and most recent activities on the Latest tab
- Get all the benefits of tracking your heart rate, including resting heart rate for a summary of your overall fitness, and heart-rate zones for more efficient workouts
- Get Personal Best badges for running, trail running, and cycling activities
- See Personal Best Splits for all activities so you know what stretches you pushed yourself on
- Track your sleep patterns in the Trends tab
- Set a Body Composition goal with TomTom Touch, and track your body muscle and fat percentage change over time
- Dive deeper with Performance Analytics down to the second, including pace, heart rate, elevation, ascent, and speed metrics
- See your Fitness Age, showing you how fit you really are by comparing your VO2 max level with global averages for your age and gender
- Take your performance to the next level with Interval Training and Advanced Workouts, helping you customize your own training and achieve your goals faster
- View your Trails list and details directly in the app, and sync them to your GPS watch
- Simply share your data with other apps like Strava, Endomondo, MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal, NikePlus, Runkeeper, and more.
Works with the following TomTom Sports products
TomTom Runner, Touch, Adventurer, Spark, and Multi-Sport ranges. Wondering what’s the best device for you? Visit tomtom.com/sports to find out.
This mobile app only works on phones with Bluetooth Smart (4.1 or higher) and iOS8 or higher. The TomTom Sports app needs to be connected to the internet to exchange information with your TomTom product.
Still reading? That shows dedication – you’ll go far. Download the app and Get Going!
More info on tomtom.com/sportsapp
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Getting better with each update
I have had my TomTom for several years now and the functionality is getting better. I like how we can send info to other apps since that is what my trainer needs. And the fact that it can update automatically is great!
One thing I am not totally fond of is the feature that takes out standing time from total time. Sometimes my workout has set standing times and I would like to see that info. At least the app sends the full time to the other apps. Also, it has messages about running slower than previous runs. Sometimes you train with a shorter faster run and then a long slow run. Having the message that you are slower with the dragged down image can send the wrong message to the athlete. If there was some way to indicate you were planning a long slow vs short fast, then the feedback might not be so negative.
But for the most part, I like this watch and app.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for the informative review and feedback - we really appreciate this! Happy Sporting :) Cheers, Becky@TomTom
App is fantastic, sad they’re pulling out of hardware game
Like the title says, the app is fantastic. There’s little to complain about (one small gripe is that when you zoom in on a map, it auto resizes to the full map view instead of allowing you to move around while zoomed in). I won’t even take off a star because it’s a small issue, but I do wish they fixed it, especially since I reported it as a bug and they confirmed the issue. Doubtful it will be fixed though since TomTom unfortunately has stopped selling the spark fitness watches. I guess they had too much competition from Garmin, Apple etc. It’s sad to hear because they’re product is reliable and accurate. It’s far more economical than other watches that are 2-3 times the price. For me the pros are the lower price, longer battery life, and the fact it does almost everything all the more expensive watches do. I don’t need bells and whistles, I need something that reliably does what it’s meant for. I’ll use the watch for as long as it lasts, but after that I guess I’ll become a Garmin customer in the future unless TomTom changes their mind.
Adventurer w/ BT headset.
First off, the headset is the *best*, bar none, wireless gear I’ve ever put in my ears, and rivals many of the wired buckets I’ve owned. Also, the music streaming capability of the watch is awesome.
I do think the proprietary dongle for charging / syncing was a miss, a standard connection would have been preferable.
The integration with the phone is seamless and works well. Love having a buzz on the wrist, before the text shows onscreen.
Now for the app. Overall it’s very informative and intuitive, but it seems to periodically have problems holding connections.
Twice now, in under two weeks, I’ve needed to restart my phone (iPhone 7+) to get them talking to one another again.
As a person recovering from a severe, chronic medical condition, the workouts, and other presets, aren’t relevant to me (yet).
Now a couple of questions.
Is there a reason the feature sets between the local and online versions differ as much as they do?
My wife entered the tracker game well before I did and a competitor’s app does a really deep dive on the sleep side of the equation, differentiating between light, deep and REM sleep cycles. Could this be folded into a future update?
In conclusion, between the hardware and software, I’m quite pleased, but give four stars as a rating due to the connectivity and features aspects mentioned above.
- 69.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- ©2016 - 2018 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.