Sculpt samples and sequence them in real time.
Ton brings a classic step sequencer and an advanced audio engine to your iPad, enabling you to create rich and modulated rhythmic sequences.
• Build rhythmic sequences using the step-sequencer, or play live using the drum pads
• Add movement to any sequence using PARAMETER LOCKS: any step can be assigned specific parameter values (pitch, saturation, volume…), a feature that can be used creatively to build melodies, add variation and make the overall sound feel more natural and organic
• Store your beats in PATTERNS, and recall them with a single tap immediately, without ever going out of tempo
• Use Ton in various setups, thanks to Audiobus and Ableton Link integration
• Mutate samples using the provided parameters
• Each track has its own multimode resonant filter, saturation effect and amplitude envelope
• Glue everything together using the Delay and Reverb master effects
• Unlimited parameter locks
• 6 tracks per project
• 1 multimode resonant filter per track
• 1 saturation effect per track
• 1 sequence per track, up to 4 bars long
• Delay and Reverb send effects
• 16 patterns per project, with store/recall behavior
• Up to 128 samples per project
• Ableton Link integration
• Audiobus integration
• Inter-App Audio integration
• Sample-level timing accuracy
• Sample import from iCloud, Dropbox, AudioShare and iTunes File Sharing (in-app purchase)
• Tempo from 20 to 999 BPM
• Fixed a rare crash related to drum pads
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really like the workflow of Ton. The parameter locks for each drum step is very much like an Elektron type machine and is a winner. Very cool, quick and creative to work with. For example, you can parameter lock the pitch, decay, FX send, pan, level, etc. for each step of a sample in a pattern. I recently discovered you can even parameter lock a different sample into each drum step of a pattern! I do not know of any other drum machine on iOS that can do this. Excellent work developer!
Abelton Link allows realtime jamming with other apps. It does not come with many samples but Ton provides easy import of user samples from iCloud, AudioShare, and Dropbox. This alone is worth the price of admission. If the developer continues to update Ton with more factory sample content and features, it could become the go to drum machine for those seeking that Elektron drum sequencing vibe without the price tag.
I like it a lot but needs update for “love” status.
Great introduction to an Elektron workflow. But this app could take over the iOS drum machine market with some updates. Here’s my list:
-Ab3 optimized: or whatever you have to do to allow users to activate patterns via Remote.
-Ability to slide finger to make patterns and velocity changes
-probability of step
-probability of p-lock
-sample start modulation
-ability to reverse samples
-live sampling input
-tempo per pattern
If you can make this stuff happen, this will essentially turn iPads into digitakts.
That being said, I can’t put it down. It’s worth $10 for sure. I really hope the developer gives us an update with at least an auv3 implementation. Cool stuff.
Killer Drum Machine!
This is a hidden gem! I’ve never been able to work with anything that had parameter locks before - loving this feature! 😍 Would be amazing if we could load an Auv3 fx app into the reverb and delay slots, to bypass the internal fx and use our fav fx apps inside Ton for send 1 and 2. Would also like to sync changing patterns to start on the downbeat of the next bar as an option. GREAT APP, Thanks for this beast! 🤓👊
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.