Tone is a fun and simple game to help you improve your ears and sing with perfect pitch.
- Simple, intuitive interface
- Choose your pitches and octaves
- Difficulties ranging from easy to expert
- Practice mode with reference pitch
- Transpose the notes to different keys
- View note names, piano keys, or use solfege
- Share your score and compete with friends!
- Learn to recognize musical intervals like minor 3rds and major 7ths.
- Learn to recognize chord qualities like major and minor.
- Visualize your progress over time with beautiful graphs.
- All of your progress & data is automatically stored in iCloud, so you'll never lose it.
- Added scale selection for perfect pitch practice mode (major, natural minor, harmonic minor, melodic minor ascending & descending, pentatonic, blues, whole tone, and chromatic).
- Added sine wave sound option.
- Fixed a bug where your settings would reset after closing the app.
Introducing Tone 2.0 - our biggest update EVER!
Tone has been completely rebuilt from the ground up with dozens of new features, performance enhancements, and hidden gems.
- NEW complete app redesign - Tone is more beautiful than ever!
- NEW native iPad compatibility - use Tone on your iPad!
- NEW learning mode - learn aural skills through a 45-day comprehensive guided course.
- NEW interval recognition - learn to recognize musical intervals like minor 3rds and major 7ths.
- NEW chord recognition - learn to recognize chord qualities like major and minor.
- NEW stats - visualize your progress over time with beautiful graphs.
- NEW synthesizer sound option - learn aural skills with a classic sound from electronic music.
- NEW iCloud Sync - all of your progress & data is automatically stored in iCloud, so you'll never lose it.
- NEW practice mode settings - fine-tune your practice through new advanced settings like custom time to answer.
- And much more...
Questions or comments? We're here for you! Reach us any time at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful for those who play and learn by ear!
As someone who has grown up around music but never had the focus to learn an instrument or sheet music, I’ve gotten by with more or less the guessing of notes and tone. However as I have an interest in learning and playing piano, being able to pick out and identify specific notes as opposed to an ambiguous melody is a challenge without learning to identify the sounds and their placement by sheet. I saw tone recommended recently and figured there was nothing to lose and more to gain, so I downloaded it and was extremely pleased with the simple yet fun way the app helps you memorize notes and tone. It’s a super simple game, and it’s a little repetitive, but personally I don’t find that a dealbreaker (heck, I can always take a break if it’s getting boring!) My only complaint is that I wish the settings were easier for my inexperienced self to understand. When I checked the settings to see how I could configure the lesson/game, my eyes started to glaze over trying to understand what it meant. I would so, so love a little mini tutorial of how to work the settings and other things like that little table of notes (idk what that does?? I’ve messed around with it and saw no change, so I’m not sure if I’m getting what that does...) That way I could use this app even more to its potential! I would really recommend this for those learning music!
I like the idea of pitch memory rather than perfect pitch. Being able to rely on yourself instead of available or non available musical instruments which may or may not be in tune.... of course A as 440 is a 20th century construct versus a 380 A in say, Bach’s day. Good relative pitch would suffice in many instances. While pitch memory is indispensable to a professional or ambitious amateur/ student. I wonder if the price isn’t discouragingly high for someone NOT making money in some portion of the industry. Three weeks of the subscription price would buy a pitch pipe as easily carry-able as a cell phone and without the problems of batteries running low. Maybe engineers, doctors and mechanics could do with perfect pitch but 1) they have machines for those diagnostics and 2) it’s an AMAZING mechanic who can diagnose an engine defect by sound. I like this idea but I’m frankly annoyed by the cost. (Not that programmers shouldn’t be paid but with a few well functioning apps and they can get a high paying software gig making more money than the best paid professional artists). I’m happy to concede the point if you can explain.... There should be theory, notation and a pitch finding function in the app for that price. Also NB this is all and only for western music and half tone scales. MUCH harder to hear for the western trained ear is Easter European and or African quarter tone scales. If someone could offer to train me to hear That, I’d pay good money for it.
So this game is just what the title says it is. It doesn’t have any in app purchases as far as I can tell, and I don’t have any trouble with getting it to work. You don’t need anything else like headphones or anything. It is just perfection. I really like games like this one just because they don’t glitch out, or they don’t have a bunch of adds. In this game, I haven’t seen any adds so far which is a super good sign! This game is a game that just makes me happy. Like it not only is fun, but it is a good helper for singing or playing an instrument!!!! I really love this because it shows you stuff, and it’s super fun to do with or without friends. It’s a great time consumer. It lets you know about different tones and how that stuff works. And it looks really cool when you play. I love the time running out thing too. Like when the time plays and the light is going down, I like that. So all in all, get this game kids, or adults or anything, because it is worth it and it’s free.
- Coda Labs Incorporated
- 146.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Coda Labs
- In-App Purchases
- 7 Day Free Trial $99.99
- 7 Day Free Trial $7.99
- 7 Day Free Trial $129.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.