Contractors spend thousands of dollars on tools that are typically expensed as purchased. They get stolen, lost, procured for personal use and who knows what else! Often tools are hoarded and never returned, so contractors keep buying the same tool again and again despite tools sitting in trucks unused.
Most tool tracking systems do a fantastic job checking them in/out, but are lousy once they've left the warehouse. ShareMyToolbox is simple and different. First and foremost, we designed the system as a mobile platform. Second, we stay laser-focused on doing two things well:
1. Provide your field employees with visibility into your tool catalog
2. Make your employees accountable through our unique workflow
Nothing else! We feel that these two things solve most tool issues.
ShareMyToolbox was built on a peer-to-peer sharing platform, so anyone, not just contractors, can use the system to “share” tools!
With ShareMyToolbox, there has never been an easier way to create a tool inventory and improve accountability for tracking of small tools. Browse what’s available across the company and see who has responsibility.
Use this app to:
• Reduce your annual tool cost
• Maintain a tool inventory
• Search and find tools from a mobile device
• Reduce rental cost by not buying duplicate tools
• Reduce tool hoarding through increased visibility
• Eliminate lost or stolen tools by increasing accountability
• Eliminate employees procuring tools for personal use
• Unlimited tools
• In-app and push notifications
• Borrowing and lending workflow built in
• Six pictures per tool
• Warranty tracking
• Track serial number, model, purchase date and price
• Link to manufacturer's website and owner's manual
• Search for tools by text and filter
• Dashboard for quick access to tool details
• Easy to Use
• Website and live support
Enterprise features include:
• Bar coding
• Date notifications
• User-defined fields
• Field transfer between employee connections
• Virtual connections
• More than 4 user connections
• Web interface for admin and reporting
Who uses this app:
• All types of contractors
• Service Companies
• Field technicians
• Anyone who wants to track accountability for items that are moving from person to person
- Fixed issues round scanning
- Added quantity adjustment option when scanning a consumable item
Ratings and Reviews
Great but needs tuning
I love the app. I only have two suggestions. It would be nice to be able to loan tools to people without having them install the app and create an account. Second, when I tap on Search and then the back arrow it goes through 2 screens. I expect to go back to where I was when I tap back. Seems like a great app but I was looking for more of an inventory app, instead of one that’s only about sharing tools, great app idea though, I may come back to this app and download it in the future.
Great to work with
What is this for our company tool management program which has a little less than 1,000 tools and have used it for almost 2 years. As you would expect, we explored many options, but ultimately chose SMTB due to industry reviews in addition to conversations with Chuck and his team.
I don’t know if I have ever used an app or any type of software program that was without bugs and this one is no exception. However, bugs here are rare, they seem to get it fixed very quickly. If I ever have any prolonged or large issues, I contact those guys through their website and they jump right on it. For me, the quick and personal response is the biggest reason I like the program.
The program itself is very easy for us to use. We purchased generic barcodes through the web and they work just fine. Pictures are the slowest thing to upload and they only take about 10 or 15 seconds but it helps tremendously to have pictures. We have a variety of users, from virtual users to employees and the transferring of tools all works very well.
Overall, I would recommend to both individual users and companies alike.
Great App , time and money saver
We have been using this app for almost 1 year and the amount of time we have saved no having to look for tool/equipment is priceless alone. We have been able to save thousands by not having to purchase the same tools/equipment over and over because we know where they are. The fact that you can set up warehouse locations such as trucks or physical locations makes it easy to see who has what or where it went . The new update looks great and really streamlined the whole process. The feature that allows for the use of barcodes makes it easy to check out a tool. This is great for tools and any equipment. We use it for everything from tools to portable job site heaters etc.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ShareMyToolbox, LLC
- 27.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 ShareMyToolbox, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.