Top Sailor is a highly realistic sailing and motorboat simulator. Take Top Sailor with you and learn basics of sailing! See how wind force affects the sail and test your skills against AI opponents in a yacht race. Learn how to trim the sails to make the most use of wind energy. Discover when there is a risk of capsizing. Practise sailing downwind and upwind, tacking and gybing. Improve navigation skills, sail race strategy and tactics.
• Realistic simulation of sailboat and motorboat
• Six AI opponents, from newbies to experienced sailors
• Several beautiful locations to explore
• Never-ending supply of race tracks: the built-in track generator
• Adjustable weather conditions (wind strength, direction and variation)
• Apparent wind and telltale indicators
• Islands, shoals and dangerous areas
• Comparative sailing skill estimate
• Record and replay your games
• 3D stereo rendering for anaglyph glasses
• Winner of the bada Global Developer Challenge 2010!
• Stretchable controls that reflect both current and target position of each control (sail trim, rudder, sail raising)
• Improved configuration of controls in the Settings menu
• New wind speed+direction indicator in the track map – the actual wind is shown as it changes instead of a small static icon
• Corrected the placement of gates in random track generator
• Displaying the penalty time as floating text when colliding
• Improved animations and sound when a race is completed
• Improved rudder simulation
• Improved control and navigation of AI bots
• Improved camera movement in course flyover mode
• Fixed sail trim control that was hard to use in auto-sail mode when the boat was about to capsize
• Fixed an extremely rare crash in GUI when pressing many buttons simultaneously
• Fatter, more realistic buoys
• Sails become transparent when they are close to camera and would obscure the view
• Various improvements in GUI and display
Ratings and Reviews
Best sailing game to date!
Outstanding graphics and realism.
Unbelievable courses. Beautiful.
Request the camera button be relocated away from he sail trim slider.
Please for the love of God, have the option to move the rudder to the left side of the screen. 2 reasons; 1. Its more ergonomic. Instead of stretching your hand and loosing the ability to reach full right rudder because the main sheet is in the way - it’ll always have full range and feel more natural to how we hold the screen.
1. Always at the most inopportune times, such as when stretching your finger over to the far side of the screen to tack, if your finger lifts off the screen even just a tiny bit, the phone interprets this as minimizing the app which then causes the game to pause. But when you hit Resume, you’ve lost control.
Along with this, the main sheet often becomes unresponsive to touch.
A very frustrating and repetitive occurrence. It’s literally the only things that make me want to throw my phone. 🤣
PLEASE DEAR GOD FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comments.
We just wanted to make sure: do you know that you can tilt the device to control rudder? (like a steering wheel in a car?) This is how most users control the left/right turns. Hardly anyone uses the on-screen slider.
Can you provide more details on what you mean by saying that “main sheet becomes unresponsive”. Do you mean the vertical slider on the right edge of the screen?
Not for yacht racing fans
It's a great game if you enjoy recreational sailing and or want to get a basic idea on how it works. But I found it a bit dissatisfying if your into yacht races because the boats do not have a jib or spinnaker nether does it use the 2 way floating marks but rather one way gates. Great start but could use improvement. Personally I would love it if there where more boats to chose from especially larger ones with a jib. A plus over other apps I've seen-the ability to furl your sail in heavy conditions, the amazing graphics and a great toutorial!
Love the program except the camera perspective changes at the worse times and then I am stuck trying to fix it. Ultimately losing precious points earned in previous games. The new update hasn't helped.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Szymon Ulatowski
- 43.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Maciej Komosinski and Szymon Ulatowski
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Tip $0.99
- Appreciative Tip $2.99
- Awesome Tip $19.99
- Generous Tip $6.99
- Amazing Tip $54.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.