Abbey Road Studios' multitrack recording app for songwriters, enabling you to capture your song ideas everywhere.
● Import an instrumental, beat or a vocal track
● Record up to three vocal tracks on top of it
● Adjust volumes and mix tracks on the mixer panel
● Add reverb which can simulate spaces from a small room to a cathedral, and
control the reverb amount
● Build and organise projects by adding lyrics, tags and pictures to help you find
● Convert and export projects to M4A audio files
● Share projects with friends and collaborators over WhatsApp text or messenger
● Save projects to your device and sync them to your Google Drive and/or
DESIGNED BY MUSICIANS FOR MUSICIANS
To develop Topline, we worked closely with emerging songwriters and producers from across London to understand their creative needs.
They all shared a big concern about losing original song ideas. We decided to solve this challenge and the result is Topline - the latest in a continuing series of innovations designed to bring the Abbey Road magic closer to music makers whenever and wherever they create.
Awarded 'Music App of the Year' and 'UX of the Year' at the UK App Awards 2018.
“It's symbolic that Abbey Road, the world’s most famous recording studios, is launching a free iOS recording app. Times have changed, and here’s evidence of one of the great bastions of the music industry changing with them.” — Music Radar
“Forgetting that melody you thought of on the bus, or that riff just before bed is one of the most frustrating things for a musician. However, Abbey Road’s free iOS app, Topline, looks to alleviate these frustrations.” — Music Tech
- Mute button functionality improvement: You can now mute previous tracks whilst recording the next track
- Stereo capability: You can now play audio from Topline in stereo
- 'Help' notification button has been added
- A reminder added to 'Review The App'
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing but NEEDS true iPad display support!!!!
Love using this app, much handier than the standard memos app which gets destroyed with songwriter ideas if you make a lot, I use this app everyday but it’s so frustrating not having proper iPad resolution support and true app display when working on those size screens and in studio
If I record one track I do not see how I can monitor that track to record the other two tracks. I have looked and emailed with no answers to be found. I’m really surprised I didn’t get an email back. Wow.
But I find it useless if I have to do everything by a metronome instead of monitoring the finished tracks.
Would be nice to get a response.
Hi I got a problem with the volume of the songs and everything on the app it only plays through one speaker and it’s very soft and when you use headphones it doesn’t work at all can y’all please fix it because it wasn’t so before.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Abbey Road Studios
- 57.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Abbey Road Studios