Great for home schooling! And great to take in the car or to the beach...no WiFi is ever required after the initial download is complete.
• Winner of a MOM'S CHOICE Gold Award
• Winner of a PARENTS’ CHOICE Gold Honor Award
• A fully interactive storybook for young and emerging readers
• Based on the award winning titles originally published by Living Books
"Every word on every page is interactive, and the book comes with multiple languages, parent tips, and an extensive teacher resource guide to use the app/storybook in the classroom setting.
These features combined with top-notch storytelling make this app worth it's $4.99 price tag. Download it, and enjoy hours of fun with your little one."
- Tim Leverett ©2013 Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! The Tortoise and the Hare is an imaginative and interactive reading experience with fully animated content loved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Wanderful brings every page of this classic Aesop’s fable to life. Read and play along as the Tortoise proves that slow and steady wins the race. Join him as he accepts the much faster Hare’s challenge to a race – one that doesn’t turn out exactly as the Hare had planned.
• Includes both English and Spanish with dynamic switching between the languages
• French available as an upgrade
• Over 500 interactive words in each language
• 12 fully interactive pages of word play
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• A hidden animated surprise on each page – see if you can find Ruppert the dragonfly
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Multiple settings to customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 31 page overview of Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities and a free preview of the Tortoise and the Hare Classroom Activities guide
• The full 47 page Classroom Activities guide is available as an upgrade
Wanderful’s goal is to bring outstanding interactive storybooks to a new generation of children. We hope The Tortoise and the Hare provides your family, children and students with hours of story play.
The Tortoise and the Hare is credited to Greek storyteller Aesop (620-564 BC). This version is retold by Living Books creator Mark Schlichting. The characters were designed by Michael Dashow and backgrounds were painted by Barbara Lawrence, each an original Living Books team member.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. Our apps:
• do not collect any information
• do not contain ads
• do contain in-app purchases
• do not have active links to websites or social networks
• do use analytics to improve our app experience but only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Optimized for full 64-bit performance.
Fixed an iOS 11 specific issue with certain buttons and page scroller.
Ratings and Reviews
I am glad this is now in app version!! I grew up playing this game on CD-ROM. I am sooo excited that now I can share it with my kids! Great game and great value! Definitely a good buy.
Hoping this will get fixed in an update
Uh so the sound won't work, but if that somehow was fixed these were my favorite as a kid... I want to use this but seeing as it has no sound.... I'm super frustrated that I just paid 5 bucks for something we can't use.
Love the books
Please add more.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wanderful, Inc.
- 160.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © 2012, Wanderful, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- French Upgrade $1.99
- Premium Upgrade $2.99