Martin’s Index of Cocktails and Mixed Drinks is a unique and immensely practical reference to the drink recipes of the first “golden age” of the American Bar (1850s until Prohibition) and onwards.
This unique entertainment resource presents over 2400 carefully curated drink recipes from the essential primary sources. Jerry Thomas, Harry Johnson, George Kappeler, “The Only William” Schmidt, “Cocktail Bill” Boothby, Hugo Ensslin, Tom Bullock, Harry McElhone, Harry Craddock, Charles Baker, and Ted Saucier are all here (plus many more) and they’ve never been more accessible.
- Over 2400 drink recipes including classics and curiosities
- More drinks from post-Prohibition years will be added over coming months through free, over-the-wire updates
- The spiritual sequel to the old “Cocktails+” app from years back
- Check off the ingredients you’ve got and this app will show you which drinks you can make
- Filter the recipes on multiple criteria with just a few taps
- Flag recipes and tag favorites; create custom lists of recipes
- Annotate recipes with comments and cumulative likes and dislikes and build up a chronological history of your explorations
- Ingredient definitions included
- Sync your ingredient inventory, favorites and flagged, custom lists and journal entries across our entire suite of apps and over as many iOS devices as you like, using our free sync service
- Universal app, works nearly identically on both platforms
Please enjoy responsibly and in moderation!
- fix for wrong data bundled in 1.2.7
Ratings and Reviews
Finally an Adult Mixology App!
This is not merely a list of every drink under the sun like most apps. Nor is it for the person more interested in the quantity one can drink, than the drink itself. For the person interested in mixology, the the sources in which the recipes were found, and comprehensive information on the ingredients, what may be reasonably substituted, and currently available - and so much more! This is a work actively in progress and it’s author promises to do more. Martin responds promptly and politely to queries, seeming genuinely interested in users comments and is very knowledgeable of the topic. This book calls to mind a toast from Autrims (1902) called “Old Fashioned Joys” - Old-fashioned songs, and old-fashioned weather; Old-fashioned books, and old-fashioned leather; old fashioned girls, and mothers and boys; a toast, each and all, to old-fashioned joys.
Historical cocktail nerdery at its finest
If you're interested in understanding the history of cocktails, especially the history of particular cocktails, this app is phenomenally interesting. It has a really neat feature of browsing through related variations of the same recipe across several years.
The design of this suite of apps is perfectly suited to the at-home cocktail enthusiast. Input your ingredients once, sync to all other apps (easily authenticating via 1Password support), flag recipes, and drink lovely cocktails. I'm a particular fan of flagging recipes I want to try because the list of flagged recipes shows you results from all installed apps in the suite. Very easy to find a good one to try (likewise with favorites).
I am greatly enjoying this app as well as the Modern Classics. The sync works like a charm, the app is easy to search, the layout is clean and easy to use, the recipes are interesting and tempting. I particularly like the list of 1-missing-ingredient drinks, and the shopping suggestions( what to buy that will round out the most drinks). A primary source list is available on the developer's website, reachable thru the app. You can't load your personal inventory, but there is a function for notes that is very adaptable. Good job
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Martin Doudoroff LLC
- 21.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2014-2019 Martin Doudoroff LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.