Total War: MEDIEVAL II 12+
Grand strategy. Epic conquest.
Feral Interactive Ltd
- Offers In-App Purchases
READ BEFORE BUYING: Please expand this description and read the full list of supported devices below to confirm that your device is supported.
MEDIEVAL II brings Total War’s compelling mix of massive real-time battles and intricate turn-based strategy to iPhone and iPad. Set across three continents during the turbulent Middle Ages, spectacular conflicts and scheming rivals line the path to power as the great kingdoms of the medieval world vie for supremacy. Be it through diplomacy or conquest, trade or subterfuge, you must secure the resources and loyalty required to rule an empire from the shores of Western Europe to the sands of Arabia.
THE STRENGTH OF NATIONS
Unlock up to 17 playable factions and build them into major world powers through statecraft, subterfuge or all-out war.
THE KINGDOMS EXPANSION
Available via in-app purchase, this massive expansion includes 24 playable factions across four unique, fully featured campaigns. Wage war from the jungles of the Americas to the deserts of the Holy Land, from the deceptively gentle shores of the British Isles to the frigid Baltic plains.
THE ART OF WAR
Deploy infantry, archers and cavalry into huge real-time battles, with a full range of medieval weaponry at your command.
THE TOOLS OF STATE
Use sophisticated diplomacy, lucrative trade agreements and daring agents to forge alliances or destabilise your rivals.
THE TEST OF TIME
Shape the destinies of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East through five momentous centuries of combat, competition and conquest.
THE POWER IN YOUR HANDS
Take command, with a brand-new user interface and enhanced touch controls for fingertip control of the battlefield. Or, play with any iPadOS-compatible mouse & keyboard.
Total War: MEDIEVAL II requires 4.3GB of free space. For the best possible experience, we recommend playing Total War: MEDIEVAL II on iOS 15 or later. A further 7.65GB is required to install all of the Kingdoms expansion content. To save space, you can install each campaign individually.
• iPhone 6S / 6S Plus and later
• Any iPhone SE
• iPod Touch (7th generation, 2019)
• iPad mini (4th generation, 2015) and later
• iPad Air (2nd generation, 2014) and later
• iPad (5th generation, 2017) and later
• Any iPad Pro
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
© 2007–2022 The Creative Assembly Limited. Originally developed by The Creative Assembly Limited. Originally published by SEGA. Creative Assembly, the Creative Assembly logo, Total War, Total War: MEDIEVAL and the Total War logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Developed for and published on iOS by Feral Interactive. iOS and the iOS logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Adds the Kingdoms expansion, which brings four new, unique campaigns via a single in-app purchase
• Adds a pre-game launcher to facilitate purchase of Kingdoms, and allow players to choose between the base game or expansion campaigns once owned
• Adds a Settlement Viewer option to the Lists tab of the Faction Summary, allowing players to view their settlements outside of combat
• Allows the renaming of settlements by tapping their name on the Lists tab in the Faction Summary
• Fixes an issue with default tax rates for Cities; the default is now Normal rather than Low
• Fixes an issue with besieged settlements on the Campaign Map, where players could not order troops to sally out against the enemy
• Fixes an issue where non-player Forts could not be selected
• Fixes an issue where it was possible to hire Mercenaries in a Settlement without a General being present
• Slightly improves pathfinding in battles; complex user-drawn paths are now more accurately represented and followed by units
• Fixes an issue with complex, user-drawn paths where some troops would skip points on the path, splitting up the unit
• Fixes an issue where incorrect icons would display when drawing a path to the enemy during battles
• Improves unit deployment before battles; the depth and width of a unit’s formation now adapts to the selected deployment location
• Fixes an issue during battles where unit status markers would disappear if the unit's formation adapted to a selected location
• Fixes a cosmetic issue where the Auto-Resolve Battle button would always appear greyed out
• Fixes an issue when playing in Czech where no audio would play during the Battle of Hastings tutorial intro
• Fixes a crash that could occur when loading a battle replay
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Ratings and Reviews
My all time favorite game!
Medieval 2 is by far my favorite game of all time, I can confidently say I’ve logged more hours on this game than anyone in the world, I’ve literally beaten the game with the byzantines 500 times across about 100 mods, and that doesn’t count the thousands of times on other factions and times I’ve played to about turn 60 to 100 and gotten bored, on steam alone in 3-5 years of logging time on steams platform I have something like 10,000 hours played, yes that’s right in a matter of 3 to 5 years I played ⅓ of my life…..
That was all just to explain the extensive experience I have with medieval 2, now to the review….. The game is almost an exact copy of the latest original pc version, there are some new cool features, but for the most part the gameplay, starting units, territory, etc. are all the same, which I did originally find disappointing, but as I said there are some cool new features, mostly informational, but that is really all this game needed in a portal to phones/tablets. Overall I am happy with the port, but I would have really liked a few more improvements, but If you played and like the PC version this is a must have! The controls take a second to get used to if you’re not used to Rome on iPhone, but if you’ve played that already, you’ll be flying through turns on even the largest factions!
GET THIS GAME NOW
The Total War series games (Rome Total War, Total War Barbarian Invasion, Medieval Total War II, Empire Total War, and Shogun Total War) are my favorite games of all time… I played hours of these games on PC when they first came out. My PC burned out and my life got busy… I let go of these games until… RTW appeared in the APP store for Ipad! The developers did a PHENOMENAL job translating these games! Medieval Total War II is so fantastic you will never regret purchasing it. You can read the other reviews, so I’ll leave you with these additional tidbits- while you are playing (in the campaign, in the middle of a battle) you can close out with the home button, and open the game up later and there you are! Right back where you left off… no freezes, no lost games. The battles are just as smooth as the PC version… it just takes you a bit to learn how to navigate with the Ipad controls… but once you do, no problems. Nothing is lost or compromised in the Ipad version. After you play your first campaign, ALL of the factions open up and you can play any of the.. Hungarians, Russians, Portuguese… no limitations. You can play just the battles… famous ones plus your own custom designed encounters. The creative team of these games should get an award.. if you love Medieval history, you’ll love this games!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a positive review! We're pleased to hear that you've been enjoyting the game and hope that you continue to do so!
Brilliant port, Best strategy game on IOS
We all knew this game was going to be another port that Feral absolutely knocked out of the park! Pre-ordered the game as soon as I could, and playing it now, all I can say is that the team is doing a great job porting these classic games. Controls are as intuitive as ever in my opinion, no complaints on that. The only issue I have is that when I open the game, the screen is displayed upside down and I can’t get it to rotate to the way I’m most comfortable with playing (this is no longer an issue with the latest update). I imagine it would be quite a simple issue to fix, since it wasn’t a problem in the ports for Rome: Total War and Rome expansions. Nonetheless, it’s a five-star experience by my judgement, and I recommend it to any total war fans looking for an accessible way to play Medieval II. :)
Edit: Thanks a lot!
Developer Response ,
An update was released yesterday to allow the screen to be rotated during gameplay. A full list of fixes is viewable here:
We hope this helps. If you need any further assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 2.1 GB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Kingdoms Expansion $6.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.