Touch Bible - KJV for iPhone, works offline, has awesome study content and features. It even reads the Bible out loud. It includes a Strong's Concordance, Easton's definitions for books, study articles and many more helpful features! Read more!
Touch Bible is an app that will get you more involved in bible study. You'll love it at church. You'll love it everywhere else too!
** FINALLY Read the Entire Bible **
Touch Bible will help you read the entire bible in less than a year. The reading plan and audio Bible means you can read or listen to the Bible.
** Strong's Concordance **
Touch Bible helps you comprehend tough words. Those difficult words are finally given clarity with only a tap. What is the Strong's Concordance? The words in the Bible are numbered. Those numbers (Strong numbers) are tied to definitions (lexicons) from the original languages of the Bible. Sounds technical? Touch Bible makes this so easy:
1. While you read the bible you'll see that most words are buttons.
2. Tap on a word and you'll get so much information about the word. If you need to look up a word simply search for it (or it's number) and tap the link in the Bible reader.
What resources are included in the Concordance?
- Instant definitions include information from combined resources:
+ "Strong's Lexicons" (Greek and Hebrew)
+ "Brown, Driver, Briggs Lexicon" (BDB)
+ "Theological Word Book of the O.T."
+ "Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary"
** List of Benefits **
- Attach Images to your own notes (church bulletins, etc.).
- Search for words or Strong numbers!
- Online Study system with thousands of articles
- Dial a Verse : Touch Bible's way of looking up scripture FAST (See Screenshots)
- Shake a Verse : Like flipping through the pages of a book to find a page to read. Open Dial-a-Verse and shake!
- Fast & intelligent keyword search with verse preview & many search options
- Bookmarks : Includes Verse Preview!
- Keep personal study notes, even while you read!
- Attach notes to Verses, they appear in the margin.
- Highlight verses with yellow, red, blue or green colors.
- Readability : spread out words, adjustable font sizes
- Night Mode : for reading in low light situations
- Online Study : Thousands of articles on topics through out the Bible.
- Reading Plan : the best way to understand context is to read the entire bible.
- Facebook: Share verses and notes on Facebook.
** Example Definition **
Example of "grace" in the combined lexicons:
"#5485 -9:372,1298 - χάρις - cháris - Noun Femininekhar'-ece - from (5463)"
from 5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude):--acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace(- ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thank(-s, -worthy).
- that which affords joy,
- pleasure, delight, sweetness,
- charm, loveliness: grace of speech
2) good will, loving-kindness... [AND IT KEEPS GOING].
** Visually Impaired **
Touch Bible utilizes VoiceOver to make reading the Bible easier for the visually impaired. Learn more at touchbible.com/voiceover
** Touch Bible KJV **
Try the free Touch Bible KJV. It is a separate app that is not watered down, not a demo app, and not a downgrade. It's God's word the way it should be, free.
Fits iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Great App but...
The only thing I wish was added to this is red letter for Jesus words.
Nice features, but slow
The features in this app are well thought-out: the Strong's links on every word are great; dial-a-verse is a good way to navigate; search options are quite handy; notes and bookmarks are nice pluses.
But opening the app takes a while, particularly for just looking up a quick verse; and waiting for the search and occasional glitches can be annoying. Because of this, I recommend ebible or pocketsword [great free resources that operate more quickly].
However, it would be nice to roll the features of all 3 apps into one :-/. Hence I utilize them all.
When Strong's Concordance was a big, fat, heavy book weighing in at a hefty 8-10 pounds, it was an amazing body of work that could help you decode the meaning of the words in the bible without knowing greek or hebrew--Strongs did that all for you by annotating each and every word of the bible with the cross-referenced meanings. It was great but really a hassle to use because you had to flip through all the pages. But with this gem, it's all in the palm of your hand. The *entire* Strongs concordance is in this app. Amazing.
The program is really easy to use and comes along with the entire King James bible since the original editions of Strongs was based upon the KJV.
This is worth at least 20 times the cost of the mere $.99 you are paying for this app. The interface of this app is great and all you have to do is touch on the word you want to research and *zap* the original meaning in greek or hebrew screens up. It also gives you the original cross-reference number in case you actually *want* to look it up in your original book version.
No more page flipping to research through Strongs with this app. lol.
- Patrick Franklin
- 24 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2009 Patrick Franklin
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.