Easily change the creation and modification dates and times of files and folders, or extract metadata (Exif, IPTC, XMP) from images, file names or XMP companion files.
Touch is the name of the program that can be used to change the date and time of folders and files from the command line. This application has a similar range of functions, but the desired changes can be made much more conveniently and extensively.
The modern and clear user interface allows you to drag folders and files into the application. You can specify whether the files should be edited immediately or only after clicking a button. In this way, many files and folders can be edited very quickly.
- This application changes the creation and modification date and time of folders and files as needed.
- Exif, IPTC and XMP metadata of images can be taken as creation and/or modification date and/or time.
- If companion files (.xmp) are present, the data they contain can be used to change the date and/or time of the corresponding files.
- Sometimes it can be useful to change the date and/or time of files relatively. This is the case, for example, if there are photos whose date of recording is shifted by one or more hours because they were taken in a different time zone.
- Date and time can be taken from the file name. This can be especially useful when the dates of image files need to be changed. The following formats are supported
YYYY[ -_./]MM[ -_./]DD hh[ -_./:]mm[ -_./:]ss
YYYY[ -_./]MM[ -_./]DD hhmmss
- You can change the date and time individually or together, use the current date and time, or enter any date and time yourself.
- You decide whether to edit folders and/or files. Hidden files and folders can be included or excluded from editing as you wish.
- Decide whether packages (e.g. apps) should be treated like folders or like individual files.
- The result of the editing is clearly displayed immediately after the change.
- The application remembers your settings for the next call.
If you want to learn about the app's features in advance, you can download the manual here: https://touch.tomsidee.de/de/downloads/.
This application changes the date and time properties of files. The content of the files is NOT changed. Some applications use date and time from the content of files, such as Apple Photos, Adobe Lightroom and PhotoShop, or Microsoft Word. These programs may therefore NOT display the correct date and time. Instead, they display the dates they found in the file. This is NOT an error. This is the correct way this application works!
Please use the contact form in the application if you would like changes or enhancements to the application. Please do not leave information about problems in the Microsoft Store, as I cannot respond to them here. Please use the contact form for that as well. Of course I am also happy about your reviews and ratings in the Apple App Store.
Note: Currently it is not possible to use a date before 1/1/1970 or after 2/5/2040.
Ratings and Reviews
If you're working with filesystem dates and times, this app is easy to use and may save you a lot of time or scripting. Notably, it also allows you to update a file's created date/time, which is something touch does not do by itself.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Let me know if you miss a feature.
Works on latest MACOS for my basic needs
I've been struggling to find an app for batch date change functionaly that still works on latest MACOS. Not sure about the finer details as my needs are pretty simple but his seems to work and that's enough to make me happy.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this review! Sometimes it's the simple stuff that helps ;-)
Can you also add option to update created date based on content created date
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the 5 stars! I'll have a look what I can do with the next release.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Thomas Osthege
- 18.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Thomas A. Osthege
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.