TouchDraw is a vector drawing application for the iPad.
TouchDraw gives you everything you need to create structured 2D vector graphics such as flow charts, graphs, diagrams, illustrations, logos and floor plans just to name a few. What makes TouchDraw especially valuable is that it allows you to not only create complex graphics, but to change them easily as well.
TouchDraw differs from a paint program in that objects are always managed independently of the drawing they're in. You can move a figure around, change it's shape, change it's color, group it, without affecting other shapes that are around around.
* Create your own libraries of re-usable shapes, or use one of the bundled libraries. The following libraries are included with TouchDraw
- Common networking shapes
- Basic Flowcharting
- Basic Architectural shapes
- Basic Icon Library
- Balloons and Callouts
- Simple Shapes (hearts, diamonds, arrows, etc...)
- Import, Export and Sharing
* Export your drawings via the following formats:
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
* Import drawings in the following formats:
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
- EMF (Windows Enhanced Metafile)
- WMF (Windows Metafile)
* Support for pasting images into TouchDraw in the following formats:
* Integration with the iPad photo library for both import and export.
Cloud Storage Support
* Support the following cloud storage providers:
- Google Drive
* Support to organize your drawings until nested folders. You are not limited to the single documents directory like other iPad apps.
* Rounded Rectangles
* Path Tool
- Easily create complex curves, shapes and paths
* Freehand Tool
- Turn freehand lines into smooth curves
* Image Tool
- Add images from your photo library to your drawings.
* Text Tool
- Support for font, style, size and alignment configuration
* Unlimited levels of zoom
* Dynamic canvas size
- No artificial limits on the size of your drawings
- Move items between drawings or into other apps.
* Grid & Rulers
- Unit aware grid support with optional snap to grid support.
- Visual feedback to your current location within a drawing.
* Alignment (align left, align right, etc...)
* Ordering (move to front, move to back, etc...)
* Line decorations (arrowheads, etc...)
- Organize your drawings into multiple layers.
- Support for printing to AirPrint enabled printers.
* Connectable graphs
- Support for creating flow charts and other diagrams.
* Convert text to paths
* Boolean Path Operations
* Add, subtract, intersect or exclusion
* Heads up display
- Overlay panels provide measurement details
* VGA Adapter Support
- Support for display on external screens via a VGA adapter.
* Custom font support
- Import and use your own TrueType or OpenType fonts.
* Added support for latest iPad Pro screen sizes.
* Added support for saving backups to the Files app.
* Added support for restoring backups from the Files app.
* Added support for the Scriba Stylus.
* Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent, and support to go with it
I've read many of the one star reviews, and it shows how little time people are willing to spend to learn how to use an app. One guy explained that after using a tool it snaps back to the selection tool, and there's no way around that. BS! You just double tap the tool to lock it. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Even worse, it is explained clear as day in the documentation.
I've made many drawings with this, and its nice because it can use real world scale. I even used it to lay out the floor plan for my home basement that I am about to finish. Using layers, I have structure, electrical, furniture, low volt wiring, plumbing, measurement lines, etc. I also did a drawing of the exterior of the house to submit to my HOA for approval for new work.
I've had a couple small issues, had a drawing file become corrupted, and have even requested new features. Each time I get a response within minutes of sending them an email. Even at 8pm on the weekend. Stellar support, and always willing to add more to this great app. I've had it so long, I don't remember how much I paid for it, but even at $10, it would be a great deal. Those giving it a crappy review are thoroughly lost. Literally every complaint I've read can be done if you just take time to RTFM!
Well Designed, Highly Functional App By A Committed, Capable Developer
This is a one of the most professional and capable diagramming and drawing app for the iPad. The user interface is very nice and innovative, and the documentation for such a feature-packed app is well-maintained. I am very grateful to the developer for supporting this app for many years, and hope to see more improvements in the years to come.
Best Diagramming Software on the iPad
I can’t say enough good things about TouchDraw. I also have OmniGraffle. I paid a ton for it, so periodically I feel like I should open it up and try to get my money’s worth. But every single time, I end up coming back to TouchDraw to get the job done. Very full featured and intuitive.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.