TouchDraw is a vector drawing application for the Mac.
Just as with our iPad version, TouchDraw is a retina optimized application that gives you everything you need to create structured 2D vector graphics such as flow charts, graphs, diagrams, illustrations, logos and floor plans just to name a few. TouchDraw for the Mac is fully compatible with the iPad version and files can be freely exchanged between both versions.
TouchDraw differs from a paint program in that objects are always managed independently of the drawing they're in. You can move a figure around, change it's shape, change it's color, group it, without affecting other shapes that are around around.
* Create your own libraries of re-usable shapes, or use one of the bundled libraries. The following libraries are included with TouchDraw
- Common networking shapes
- Basic Flowcharting
- Basic Architectural shapes
- Basic Icon Library
- Balloons and Callouts
- Simple Shapes (hearts, diamonds, arrows, etc...)
- Import, Export and Sharing
* Export your drawings via the following formats:
- Bitmap Image (JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF)
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
* Import drawings in the following formats:
- Visio (VDX/XML Drawing format only)
- EMF (Windows Enhanced Metafile)
- WMF (Windows Metafile)
* Support for inserting images into TouchDraw in the following formats:
* Rounded Rectangles
* Path Tool
- Easily create complex curves, shapes and paths
* Freehand Tool
- Turn freehand lines into smooth curves
* Image Tool
- Add images from your photo library to your drawings.
* Text Tool
- Support for font, style, size and alignment configuration
* Unlimited levels of zoom
* Dynamic canvas size
- No artificial limits on the size of your drawings
* Grid & Rulers
- Unit aware grid support with optional snap to grid support.
- Visual feedback to your current location within a drawing.
* Alignment (align left, align right, etc...)
* Ordering (move to front, move to back, etc...)
* Line decorations (arrowheads, etc...)
- Organize your drawings into multiple layers.
* Connectable graphs
- Support for creating flow charts and other diagrams.
* Convert text to paths
* Boolean Path Operations
* Add, subtract, intersect or exclusion
Fixed issues on macOS Sierra.
Ratings and Reviews
I can’t help but to be disappointed with the software. The main reason is that I was looking for an alternative to Visio. This program has about 25% of the functionality of Visio. Some of the main failings are: lack of good dimensioning, lack of comprehensive libraries, only very basic drawing tools, inability to import Visio drawing files, etc.
If you are not interested in a Visio replacement then this could be considered a good basic graphics program. It is easy to use. It has all the basic functions to create simple vector graphics, such as you might want to show in a PowerPoint type of presentation. But to be clear, it is not a CAD program.
Good basic vector draw
Its not Illustrator. The plus side is that its affordable & does not require a subscription.
I had a long glowing 4 star review 4 or 5 years ago, [lost the text accidentally while I tried to update the review].
Touchdraw has not been updateed in 4 years & that was a very minor change.
What works, still works through OS Mojave for a basic draw tool. It used to outshine the competition at its price point. Its still OK, though some other apps have since overtaken it.
No need to fix what ain't broke, but surely there is a feature or two that could have been enhanced, or a new one added in 4 years?
I've seen Mac applications fall by the wayside over the years & this has a similar feel. Hope I am wrong.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the review, and glad that you like it. TouchDraw 1 hasn't been updated simply because it's been stable and customers haven't asked for any new significant features to it. I do have a minor bug fix release that I want to get released soon, after which my focus will be on completing TouchDraw 2. TouchDraw 2 is close to being released on iOS, and then TouchDraw 2 for Mac should follow later this summer. If you have any additional questions feel free to email support [at] elevenworks.com
Impressive and Intuitive
Happy to see that Touchdraw is available for the Mac. I’ve previously used it on the iPad and was very happy with the intuitive and powerful interface. I had tried a freeware CAD program before finding Touchdraw and was getting pretty frustrated with the freeware program. Was able to complete the project in short order with Touchdraw. Had a question about transferring files between the Mac and the iPad versions of Touchdraw that was answered almost immediately by Touchdraw support.
The developer, Elevenworks LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Elevenworks LLC
- 17.6 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Elevenworks LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.