Know It All Tours is proud to present its Tour Boston's Freedom Trail app. This interactive App is the only guide you need to explore the Boston Freedom Trail!
Tour Boston's Freedom Trail App is jam packed with content including full audio, HD video footage, GEO location and maps, thorough historical information about each of the sites, and important details such as public restroom locations, handicap accessibility, contact information and hours of operation.
The Freedom Trail is Boston’s most famous attraction. The 2 ½ mile red line winds its way through the city, linking historically significant sites and telling the story of the birth of the United States. This interactive App covers all of the 16 official sites on the Freedom Trail, along with many other interesting “unofficial” sites that you might otherwise pass right by. In total there are 45 points of interest, making this the ultimate app to guide you through Boston's Freedom Trail. It is the only guide you need to learn all about this important piece of history, while you go at your own pace.
Summary of Features:
- Learn about Boston’s famous Freedom Trail
- Great historical information about the trail and each site
- Extra “unofficial” stops along the way
– Don’t miss a thing!
- 45 Total Points of Interest!
- Full audio, video and text for each site so you can choose how to experience the trail
- Geo-location & maps so you won’t get lost
- Beautiful HD video footage of each site
- Restroom information
- Handicapped accessibility information
- Hours of operation & contact information for the sites
- Wikipedia links for even more information
- Self-guided tour
-Your location is now shown on the map(when location services are enabled)
- Save money and go at your own pace!
- The map points show official stops in Red, and unofficial stops in Purple. Stops are now all displayed on the map.
- Now you can start from the Boston Common (stop 1) or Bunker Hill Monument (stop 16). Just shake the device and the tour will be re-ordered to either 1-16 or 16-1.
- all the media can be downloaded to the device before you hit the trail. This is a great update for travelers that might go outside their network.
Read along with the text, or just relax and listen to the audio while you explore the sites. You’ll even find some little known facts, and interesting details about places that are not officially part of the trail, but that you might otherwise pass right by. With more features than any others available, you can experience a completely self-guided tour. This means you can move at your own pace and not worry about keeping up with an organized tour while you take in more of the city of Boston and take breaks when you want to. Learn everything you ever wanted to know about the Freedom Trail right here! Even if you can’t make the trip to Boston, this is a great app to learn about the Freedom Trail from the comfort of your home. With so much great information, full audio, hours of beautiful HD video clips and photographs, you’ll feel like you’re there!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
-Updates for iOS 8
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Map won't load
Sort of useless if the map function doesn't work to find the places.
Great app to go with the walk
I tried a couple of apps on the fly when some family decided to take on the Freedom Trail. This was my favorite by far. Is the map ideal? No. if you need to get quick directions between points of interest that beer off the trail that could be an issue. But if you are simply doing the walk and want a free tour guide, download this app and hand your best reader your phone. It is a great guide that beautifully summarizes the most interesting anecdotes and historical facts found at each site. We had a ball learning about each one and it led us from Boston Common all the way to Bunker Hill. It was our General Washington in a context that doesn't even begin to compare to the revolutionary war... unless you include the difficulty of trying to sneak our coffees into some of the sights.
The app has great information and has been very helpful. Only Four stars because the map function as many have said is slow or takes forever to load. I believe I found a workaround. If you open the Google Maps app on your phone and then go to the Freedom Trail map it will load immediately. Hope that helps.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.