Tox-App lets users search for industrial facilities that most recently reported releasing certain chemicals into the environment to the US EPA TRI program. Tox-App was developed by National Library of Medicine (NLM) interns and is based on the web-based NLM TOXMAP (https://toxmap.nlm.nih.gov). This version of Tox-App provides some of the basic TOXMAP functions, including the ability to search for reporting facilities, or browse for these facilities by chemical, state, or county.
This new version of ToxApp
• Has updated to the TRI 2016 data set;
• Allows users to search and browse all chemicals released in the most recent TRI year; and
• Data now includes 463 TRI 2016 chemicals
• This is a corrective upload of the 2.0 release, which was an out of date binary.
Ratings and Reviews
Works well! A nice subset of the web-based TOXMAP.
- National Library of Medicine
- 131 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 National Library of Medicine
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.