#Chicago Tribune : An enjoyable romp to toy-finity and beyond
#Game Spew: Toy Odyssey is simply a joy to play
#Enthusiast GG: A welcome surprise to the sometimes oversaturated roguelite genre
Toy Odyssey is a Metroidvania style action-platformer that takes you back to a world made from the nightmares of your childhood. Join Brand—an action figure that has come to life—in his fight against the darkness to save his owner, Felix. Nightmares are only the start of his troubles: Brand needs to uncover the secrets of the house before it's too late.
• Unlimited replayability with procedural level generation
• Metroidvania style puzzles and missions
• Hard-as-nails gameplay as a dedication to the difficulty of classic games
• Beautifully detailed art, reminiscent of classic 8-bit and 16-bit platformers
• Over 30,000 lines of (skippable) dialog for those that want a good story
• Hundreds of weapon and item upgrades with a detailed crafting system
• More than 300 types of enemies, as well as seven terrifying bosses.
• Base Defense gameplay mechanics: Protect the bedroom at all costs!
Ratings and Reviews
Controller NOT Working
Would love to play this game, but doesn’t seem to work with my PS4 controller via Mac OS X10.12.2. I have been playing using keyboard control which makes gameplay frustrating.
- Hiker Games Joint Stock Company
- 525 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © Hiker Games Studio
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.