Automatic mileage tracking app for expenses, reimbursements, or IRS tax deductions.
TrackMyDrive runs in the background and automatically detects all the drives that you make and then lets you easily categorize them as Business or Personal (or a custom category).
Unlike other mileage logs that only track the "start" and "end" locations, TrackMyDrive tracks your entire trip and automatically calculates your mileage deduction or company reimbursement.
This app focuses on keeping things as simple as possible. Through eliminating unnecessary features and making the user interface simple to use.
One of the best features of this app is that it automatically syncs with your TrackMyDrive account. This offers the following benefits:
- Use your desktop computer to update and view your trips.
- Print trip reports in PDF, CSV or EXCEL format.
- Your data is backed up. If you lose your phone, simply re-download the app and login.
- Data is automatically synced between all your devices.
TrackMyDrive is the premier iPhone/iPad mileage tracker app. We are dedicated to continually improving the app and hope you enjoy using it!
- Track your company mileage reimbursement.
- Excellent customer service.
- Manual entry of mileage logs and reimbursements.
- Mileage deduction is automatically calculated.
- Track miles using GPS.
- Easy tax tracking and reimbursement tracking.
- Accurate and detailed Mileage Log.
- Use your phone as normal, the app runs in the background.
- Excellent customer service, go ahead and send us an email to see how quickly we respond.
- Allows for manually adding trips by address. Remembers and autocompletes your most used destinations.
- Mark an entry as round trip to double the distance.
- Miles or Kilometers supported.
- Supports all major currencies.
- Customizable mileage allowances.
- Records start/end times of your trips.
- Mileage Type Categorizing can be customized.
- New IRS rates are automatically updated.
Q. Why doesn't your app have a place to enter start/stop odometer readings?
A. Most accounting software will ask for starting and ending odometers OR total miles for a given tax year. Because we feel it greatly simplifies our program interface, our program is centered around the total miles accounting. You can also just type the odometer into the description field.
Q. What deduction types are supported?
A. For the United States: Business (56.5 cents), Medical/Moving(24 cents), Charity(14 cents), and Personal(0 cents). The deduction types are automatically updated to reflect the current IRS rates. Other countries we preload with a "Business" and a "Personal" category.
You can also add your own custom mileage rates and purpose names.
Q. What currencies are supported?
A. We support all currencies. We auto-detect your currency when your account is created.
10 trips a month - Free
Unlimited Trips - $8.99 a year
Any IOS device that supports multitasking. (Minimum iPhone is 3GS)
Use with a wifi-only iPad/iPhone is not recommended
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* A car-charger is recommended for long trips.
Fixed issue where basement menu was showing as blank
Ratings and Reviews
You can’t complain when something is free...however, if I had one thing to say that might help the developers of this app, I would request that you could save common trips. Meaning, if I make the same trip a lot, such as to a certain store where I buy supplies for my business, that there would be a saved trip option that would allow you to easily plug that in. Other than that, this app is great! I forget to turn on my tracking a lot, so the ability to go in and add the trip later is awesome. (Hence the request above!) Thanks for making this available for free!
Great app, cost-effective
I've been using pen and paper to keep track of mileage for years for business. I'd always fall behind and miss trips though. After trying another app, I knew using an app would be so much better. This app has the most bang for the buck. It keeps track of miles. You can add different categories for medical, separate businesses and rates. The cost for a year is just $2 more than the cost of a single month for a similar app. I had a small problem and emailed customer service. The founder himself got back to me quickly and solved my minor issue. I foresee I will be using this for years to come.
Long time user
I’ve used TrackMyDrive for several years. Over the past two years, I’ve experienced and continue to experience gaps in the data. Trips sometimes do not record, or if they record they start several miles into the trip. Sometimes when I get caught in traffic, it will record a straight line between the start and end of a trip. This is especially annoying when I’ve traveled extra miles to get around a traffic issue. I’m still rating it a 4 because it works great when it works, and if it doesn’t, it’s relatively easy to add trips.
- Trackmydrive, LLC
- 21 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Trackmydrive, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.