Thousands of travellers have already used TrackMyTour to chronicle and share their vacations, business trips, bike tours, hikes, road trips, and boat cruises.
HOW IT WORKS
- Create a map and share it with your friends and family.
- Go travelling and add waypoints whenever you want to highlight a location or just say, "Here I am!" Waypoints can include text and a photo.
- Your friends and family can follow a breadcrumb trail of your trip by visiting the link you sent them.
See sample maps at https://trackmytour.com/explore/.
TrackMyTour is not a real-time tracker, which saves battery power and keeps roaming costs at a minimum. Waypoints can also be saved offline when a network connection is not available, and submitted later when you're back online (e.g., hotel WiFi).
- create waypoints without a network connection
- follow tours with the app and be instantly notified of updates
- friends & family can leave comments on your tour
- optionally share each update to Twitter
- see the TrackMyTour FAQ at https://trackmytour.com/faq/
TrackMyTour is free to get started, and if you like it you can purchase an in-app upgrade to unlock additional features. Give it a try and happy touring!
WHAT HAVE OUR USERS SAID?
- TrackMyTour is a great and thoughtful application for the tech savvy tourist that has an iPhone. It's a great way to track your journey and share it with others. - Adventure Cycling Association
- A great way to keep others in your group updated on your exact location, especially on shore excursions. - Thomas Cook Cruises Magazine
- I found TrackMyTour, a perfect geo-tracking micro blogging app. It allowed me to literally track my tour, but also to embed photos and messages. Love the app. - tarnold (iTunes)
- I can't tell you enough to get this app. We use this when ever we travel and it works great. Use this program when ever you spend time with friends or visit new places. Keeping your friends and family up to date with your trips let's them feel like they are going with you. With track my tour pictures are easy and a snap to take. I almost want to go on extra trips just to use this app. - Tandem Abe (iTunes)
This release fixes a few small bugs and adds some minor improvements:
- higher resolution photos (configurable within Settings)
- UI improvements
Ratings and Reviews
A great example of what an iOS app should be
This is a wonderful app. It does one thing - lets you take photos of things you see on your trip and add captions to them. It can then display those photos in order in either a list or on a map. There are interfaces to see the photos in iOS and also in a browser. A link for each specific trip is provided so that you can share the trip with friends and family or your network.
It is very easy to add waypoints, which is what the photos are called, and you can add optional data such as the weather or type of point. And if the camera didn't capture the map location correctly, there is an easy way to fix it.
These single purpose apps are what iOS is built for, and track my tour is a great example of how to do it right. Kudos and thanks to everyone involved in making and supporting this app.
Our trip around the US has been fabulous
My sister and I just retired and decided to see the US of A. We left home on August 2, 2017 and have been traveling now for seven months and two weeks and we still have some time to go before we finish our tour around the entire Country. It has been awesome but your app made it even better. To be able to track our tour has been so wonderful. You have given us a life time of memories to be able to go back and see everywhere we went. I love this AP. Thank you so much. It’s priceless!! This is the best part of our trip to be able to share with family and friends. Christopher Meyer you are a genius You also have our name... Meyer. 🤣🤣🤣😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ although we are not related ... cheers to you and your ap! 🥃
Love this app!
This is a great minimalist tool for chronicling and mapping your trips. I mapped a trip we just completed as a test, and found that it was relatively easy once I got into the rhythm of the steps. I'm looking forward to using it in real time on a major road trip next month.
My original review (above) was posted in 2016. Since then I've used it on two major road trips and couldn't be happier with the results. I intend to use it again next year on an international cruise/driving trip.
- Christopher Meyer
- 41.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Christopher Meyer
- In-App Purchases
- TrackMyTour Premium $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.