When the major outlets aren't getting you breaking baseball, football, basketball, and hockey news fast enough, you need the Trade Rumors app! This is what actual GMs, players, and agents are using to get news first. Players often find out about their own trades first through us! You simply can't find anything else in the App Store that matches our standards of quality and timeliness in sports news. Now with push notifications and comments!
- News feeds for baseball, football, basketball, and hockey are loaded by default using content from MLBTradeRumors.com, ProFootballRumors.com, HoopsRumors.com, and ProHockeyRumors.com. Quickly scroll through left-to-right and tap on an image to read the article.
- Enable push notifications on any news feed and never miss a breaking story.
- Join the discussion! Discuss the breaking news with other users.
- Add news feeds for any combination of the 122 pro baseball, football, and basketball teams.
- Add news feeds for almost any player in these sports; thousands in all. This makes it easy to stay on top of your favorite players and trade/signing candidates as the rumors swirl.
- Filter any news feed to show only the top stories, if you prefer to see just the most crucial news. Reorder, add, or remove feeds based on whatever is most important to you.
- Tap on an article in one of your news feeds and swipe through all the articles in the feed without going back to the home page.
- Share articles through Twitter, Facebook, email, and text messages, and more.
- Added support for the new iPad Pros
Ratings and Reviews
Hi all. This is a great app, but much like baseball statistics, it’s appreciation is found in understanding what it can do, and what it does. It is not here to tell you what rumors are true, and which ones are not true, but rather to report the rumors, and let you sort it out. In that regard, it’s a really great resource for collecting what’s being said about baseball. However, if you assume that it only prints what is “true“, you will be disappointed. Also, if you let yourself get personally involved in the comments, you will entirely lose your focus on what the site is about. The site is not about you, the commentor. The site is About reporting baseball rumors. Whether you choose to believe them or not is your issue, but whether you choose to believe you are more important then the reported rumors is your own fault.
Comprehensive and intelligent
I know this can only be so helpful if a review since it'll end up being vague, but they're writing and analysis is excellent. Especially the writing. Wish I could name a name or cite a piece but can't off the top
of my head. I'm there for baseball only, so not sure about the rest.
For context I read fangraphs and MLBTR, but don't play fantasy so it's not like I'm a total head. It's really a great site. The app is....fine? No complaints, but nothing dazzling though I wouldn't know a good app when I saw one. Just here for the content.
Best App for Sports Player/Team News
Solid app version of the website (and even better in some ways). Love using it to follow what my teams are up to in both the offseason and during the season as well. They do an amazing job of collecting stories from every news outlet and posting them regularly and quickly. Only (small) complaint is that like some others have mentioned, the links to player bio pages don't always work in the app. You have to hold it down, and copy and paste into your web browser. If they fix that, updating this back to 5 stars.
- Dierkes Information Services, Inc.
- 59.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Dierkes Information Services, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.