LESS TRACKING, MORE TRAVELLING
Trail Wallet is free for the first 25 items, with an In App Purchase available to unlock unlimited amounts.
**Featured in the App Store. Over 150,000 downloads!**
**Also featured in Forbes, The Telegraph, the New York Times, Lonely Planet, the LA Times, The Huffington Post, Qantas Magazine, SmarterTravel, Y Travel, The Points Guy, and Too Many Adapters.**
Trail Wallet is an easy travel expense tracker. Designed to be fast, it takes the headache out of expense tracking so you can focus on the fun.
"Trail Wallet…is the best travel-centric expense tracking app I’ve used." The Professional Hobo
"Trail Wallet is super easy to use, fast, and has a fun and beautiful interface." Too Many Adapters
BUILT BY TRAVELLERS
We are Simon Fairbairn and Erin McNeaney of Never Ending Voyage, a couple who've been travelling full time since March 2010. Managing our finances is what has enabled us to have so many wonderful experiences but, after 3 years on the road, we needed something better than scribbled notes, loose receipts, and complicated spreadsheets to track our expenses.
So we built Trail Wallet.
Nobody wants to worry about money while travelling, but we all do. Tracking your finances is a simple way to get freedom from financial anxiety.
Instead of just hoping you’ve got enough money, know.
QUICK AND SIMPLE
Road tested by tens of thousands of travellers, the app is simple, clear and easy to use.
Organise your expenses by trip or by month, set yourself a daily budget, then easily add expenses as you go. When you get a bill or receipt, launch the app, add the amount using the Quick Add screen and you’re done. Forget about it. Get on with your day.
No more collecting receipts in bags or pockets. No more sitting with a calculator trying to work out how you’re doing. No more trying to remember how much that tuk-tuk cost.
At the end of the day or week or month or trip, you can see how you’re doing. A little over budget? No problem—our app will tell you what’s eating up your cash. Under budget? Good job—send a little reassurance to your friends and family using your favourite social media platform.
• Detailed summary screen gives you all you need to know about your budget
• Tap the screen to show the data in any of your local currencies
• Interactive bar chart shows your last five days spending—tap a bar to see that day's history
• Switch between trip budget spent and trip budget remaining by tapping on the circular progress circle
• New themes and characters to customise your budgeting experience (additional In App Purchase required)
• Tap the daily budget label to see an adjusted budget: shows you exactly how much you have left to spend each day
• Add multiple trips with custom start and end dates, or let Trail Wallet work out the dates automatically based on your first and last entry
• Per-trip history, pie chart, and export options
• Tags! Amounts can have multiple tags, which can be filtered on the History screen
• Add amounts in your home currency, or choose from over 218 local currencies
• Quickly and easily get the latest exchange rate (Internet connection required)
• Tap the date to spread expenses out over multiple days
• Add photos of your receipts
• Customise your categories and category colours
• Interactive pie charts for a visual view of how much you've spent by category
• Category breakdowns—view and edit lists of items by category
• Daily breakdown of how you’re doing against a daily and monthly or trip budget
• Month by month breakdown of all of your expenses for each trip
• Quickly and easily move amounts between trips
Backups and Export
• Customisable export options—export your data in CSV format and send it via messages, email, or Airdrop
• Daily automatic iCloud backups of all your data (iCloud account required)
• Export your backups via email or iMessage
• Export receipt photos
This fixes a bug that would in rare instances cause the app to crash after an update.
If you are having any issues with the app or if there's a feature you'd like to see, please contact me directly at email@example.com so I can help!
Thanks for using Trail Wallet!
Ratings and Reviews
New favorite App!
I'm pretty good at budgeting during trips... it's day to day life that I falter. I wanted an app to track my daily extravagances on coffee shops and happy hours and pizza deliveries when I should be cooking good old fashioned meals at home. All the expense trackers I searched were way too inclusive and had such boring interfaces. THIS ONE, however, was instantly fun and happy and didn't try to monitor every household expenditure. It was super easy to figure out, as well as to modify categories to suit exactly what I was looking for. I created a "Trip" titled "Life - October", input start and end dates, adjusted my category headings, and diligently recorded every time I ate out or got groceries. When I used up the first 25 free entries, I gladly paid for the unlimited upgrade. And at the end of the month, I now have a lovely pie chart that tells me that I spend as much on happy hours w/friends as I do on monthly groceries. I think I'll have to work on that... "Life - November" is currently in progress, and I have a feeling this pie chart will look more balanced when it's done. Also, I can't wait to use it on my next real trip!!!
No hassle travel or daily expenses
I needed something to track expenses for my six month adventure in South America. It had to be simple enough to enter all little things throughout the day. At the same time it had to have features to categorize expenses and good interface to visualize everything. I tried a few apps and found this app to be the winner. It’s super simple to add expenses and gives me all that I need to track my budget. I got used to the app so much, I kept using it for my daily expenses after my travel. I have a nice little breakdown of all expenses at the end of the year.
The only feature I wish the app had was the ability to copy an old expense item and add it to a new date. Would make the recurring monthly expense tracking so much faster. Thanks guys!
Easy & Convenient
I first used this app to track a long weekend out of town. I wanted to see if it really was as easy as everyone claimed and I found that it truly was easy to use. I then used it on my trip overseas. This was awesome because I had limited funds and I was able to track everything I spent and stay under budget. Not only that, I could select the local currency, enter it, and with one touch of the screen I could see how much it was in US dollars! Love this app so much that I have recommended it to my kids to use to track their monthly expenditures.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Simon Fairbairn
- 35.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Voyage Travel Apps 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Amounts $4.99
- All Themes $1.99
- Sir Reginald Greenworthy $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.