Trailforks is a mountain bike trail database with over 130,000 trails. Users can contribute data and then local trail associations have the control to approve & curate the data. Built by and fully integrated with the worlds largest mtn bike website, Pinkbike.com
The Trailforks app is your mobile companion to the http://www.trailforks.com website. It allows you to download offline trail maps for use on your rides!
- The largest database of mountain bike trails in the world, including thousands of biking related POI's
- Offline trail maps and info. Region updates are incremental and fast
- See your GPS location on the map, for trail navigation
- Record your GPS location during ride creating a track
- Display trail & route elevation profiles and 'scrub' along them to see the location on the map
- View local routes that local bikers have created
- View trail ridelogs from users and discover how to ride a new trail
- Automatic trail routing from your location (or nearest parking lot), to the trailhead of your choosing
- Sync and view your saved 'Ride Plans' from http://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/
- Follow race course routes including colored stages and checkpoints
- Lookup region & trail info including routes, photos, videos & more
- Use your phone’s compass to orientate the map in the direction you’re facing
- View trail status & reports! Always be informed of up-to-date trail conditions & closures
- Submit trail reports & conditions from the app, including taking photos of trail issues
- Support the areas you ride, by donating 'Trail Karma'
- View nearby bike shops on the map, quick links for directions or phoning the shop
- View trails on map color coded by popularity
- Mountain biking heatmap!
- View custom worldwide topo maps designed for mountain biking with contours
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Fixed bug where trails were drawn in wrong color
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hard to read trail names
I used MTB project for a few years, then downloaded Trailforks after a buddy recommended it. I generally like the app, it the problem that I have is that it is extremely difficult (for my old eyes) to read trail names, and it is especially difficult in bright sun. Even when I zoom in, the words simply move to another location and shrink down, and are always low contrast. I find myself running both Trailforks and MTB project at the same time. I like Trailforks better for most feature, but I constantly look to MTB project so I can read the trail names.
Seems like this would be an easy fix that would make it so much nicer to use.
This is a great application that I use and contribute content to regularly. I have a few suggestions that I think will make the tool even more useful.
Bike Maintenance: Trailforks knows how many miles and hours I’m logging on my specific bikes. It would be awesome if I could track my bike maintenance in the app as a simple time stamp, bike and description. When viewing an item on the schedule show the accumulated hours and miles on the associated bike since this time stamp.
Winter Trail Reports: More trail conditions specific to winter riding. I suggest: Deep/loose snow, packed snow, ice.
Map View OSM layer option: In many riding areas trails have been added to OpenStreetMap but have not been added to Trailforks yet. Being able to view OSM map data in the map view as a layer much like you can in the track editor would be a great way to research new riding areas and perhaps lead to contributed content.
Amazing add WATCH SUPPORT
I love this app way more than MTB Project. I would pay money for a watch app. I just routed a route through a few trails, I’ll have to keep pulling out my phone to see which way to go... if the watch vibrated at a “trail fork” heheheh, kind of like the GPS already does when using Apple Maps, with an arrow to tell you which way to turn or something along those lines, I would pay for it. PLEASE make watch support for routes, it would be amazing. Thanks!
- Fireroad Holdings Inc
- 136.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Pinkbike.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.