Trailforks is a mountain bike trail database with over 130,000 trails. Users can contribute data and then local trail associations have the control to approve & curate the data. Built by and fully integrated with the worlds largest mtn bike website, Pinkbike.com
The Trailforks app is your mobile companion to the http://www.trailforks.com website. It allows you to download offline trail maps for use on your rides!
- The largest database of mountain bike trails in the world, including thousands of biking related POI's
- Offline trail maps and info. Region updates are incremental and fast
- See your GPS location on the map, for trail navigation
- Record your GPS location during ride creating a track
- Display trail & route elevation profiles and 'scrub' along them to see the location on the map
- View local routes that local bikers have created
- View trail ridelogs from users and discover how to ride a new trail
- Automatic trail routing from your location (or nearest parking lot), to the trailhead of your choosing
- Sync and view your saved 'Ride Plans' from http://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/
- Follow race course routes including colored stages and checkpoints
- Lookup region & trail info including routes, photos, videos & more
- Use your phone’s compass to orientate the map in the direction you’re facing
- View trail status & reports! Always be informed of up-to-date trail conditions & closures
- Submit trail reports & conditions from the app, including taking photos of trail issues
- Support the areas you ride, by donating 'Trail Karma'
- View nearby bike shops on the map, quick links for directions or phoning the shop
- View trails on map color coded by popularity
- Mountain biking heatmap!
- View custom worldwide topo maps designed for mountain biking with contours
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- More support for new activity types
- Bug fixes and performance improvments
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great application that I use and contribute content to regularly. I have a few suggestions that I think will make the tool even more useful.
Bike Maintenance: Trailforks knows how many miles and hours I’m logging on my specific bikes. It would be awesome if I could track my bike maintenance in the app as a simple time stamp, bike and description. When viewing an item on the schedule show the accumulated hours and miles on the associated bike since this time stamp.
Winter Trail Reports: More trail conditions specific to winter riding. I suggest: Deep/loose snow, packed snow, ice.
Map View OSM layer option: In many riding areas trails have been added to OpenStreetMap but have not been added to Trailforks yet. Being able to view OSM map data in the map view as a layer much like you can in the track editor would be a great way to research new riding areas and perhaps lead to contributed content.
How do they do it?
This is an amazing app. I first installed and used it in Whistler after a rave recommendation from a young gal in a coffee shop. And then had near local- strength intel for the rest of the visit. Then I turned it on before a ride at one of my regular trails in Seattle. It downloaded all of the US trails over the air in seconds, and gave me more route choice options. How do they make money to support their development? I would happily pay for quality like this.
This Is A Must Have App
I love the pink bike website so I thought that I would try out this app from them. Let me tell you that this app is amazing. I thought that and app could not have as much information as this app has. This app is so amazing that it has features that I did not even think that an app would have. This is an app that I would recommend any cyclist to get. If you are a mountain biker then this is your dream app.
- Fireroad Holdings Inc
- 98.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Pinkbike.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.