Trailforks is a trail database & map with over 500,000 trails. Users can contribute data and then local trail associations have the control to approve & curate the data.
Get 7 unique days of free app use, then upgrade to Trailforks Pro to unlock the map world-wide. Otherwise continue to use the map in your local area for free.
- The largest database of mountain bike trails in the world, including thousands of biking related POI's
- Offline trail maps and info. Region updates are incremental and fast
- See your GPS location on the map, for trail navigation
- Record your GPS location during ride creating a track
- Display trail & route elevation profiles and 'scrub' along them to see the location on the map
- View local routes that users have created
- View trail logs from users and discover how to explore a new trail
- Automatic trail routing from your location (or nearest parking lot), to the trailhead of your choosing
- Sync and view your saved plans from http://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/planner/
- Follow race course routes including colored stages and checkpoints
- Lookup region & trail info including routes, photos, videos & more
- Use your phone’s compass to orientate the map in the direction you’re facing
- View trail status & reports! Always be informed of up-to-date trail conditions & closures
- Submit trail reports & conditions from the app, including taking photos of trail issues
- Support the areas you ride, by donating 'Trail Karma'
- View nearby bike shops on the map, quick links for directions or phoning the shop
- View trails on map color coded by popularity
- Mountain biking heatmap!
- View custom worldwide topo maps designed for outdoor trail activities
The Trailforks app is your mobile companion to the http://www.trailforks.com website. It allows you to download offline trail maps for use on your rides!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
New app onboarding
Ratings and Reviews
Good to find trails, bad for tracking
This is definitely the most comprehensive list of trails and routes for my area. However, the ride tracking is extremely bare bones and unreliable. It takes like 15 or more minutes to fully upload your trace and make it viewable for some reason. AllTrails gives you elevation, pace, splits and more with a much better UI. So, find a trail on your desktop or something, and use a different app to track progress.
Good luck doing anything besides recording a ride. The app is way overloaded with functions that do not work. You will spend hours on the simplest tasks to no avail, like cropping your avatar as it only displays the top left 16th of whatever photo you choose regardless of size, while the crop box stays frozen in time. Uploading trail photos is a nightmare as the app randomizes the photo information despite your input, and correcting it is nearly impossible. Forgetting to stop a ‘public’ recording will leave a track directly to your house, and when you crop that part out for privacy, it will reappear the next time you open the app, so you must delete the entire recording. Regardless of your chosen region, when you click discover, the app will display trails that are thousands of miles away, and you cannot even narrow it down to your state. I could go on and on as I have spent countless hours over the past few years trying to get the hang this super janky software. My IQ is not low. Sorry trailforks, I don’t think people are looking for a brain aneurism in exchange for a mountain biking app. I have contributed a lot to trailforks btw, and it’s been a painstakingly slow or unsuccessful process. Our time is too valuable to be wasted on this dysfunctional software. Trim the fat, and simplify the process trailforks, it’s that bad. I am guessing the people claiming trailforks as a must have are not contributors or trail builders.
Glitchy with bad internet connection
The only issue I have with the app is that when your internet connection is bad (like when you’re out on a trail, exactly when you’d use the app) it continuously refreshes your location. You’re not able to zoom out and move the map around for more than literally one second, which makes it difficult to plan out future runs when you’re out and about. It zips you straight back to your location as if you had pressed the button to do that. Literally after 1 second of searching around the map. It’s terribly unhelpful.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fireroad Holdings Inc
- 224.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Trailforks Mapping Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Trailforks Pro $35.99
- Trailforks Pro Early Adopter $17.99
- O+ $59.99