Trailforks is a trail database & map with over 650,000 trails. Users can contribute data and then local trail associations have the control to approve & curate the data.
Get 14 days of free app use, then upgrade to Trailforks Pro to unlock the map world-wide. Otherwise continue to use the map in your local area for free.
- The largest database of mountain bike trails in the world, including thousands of biking related POI's
- Offline trail maps and info. Region updates are incremental and fast
- See your GPS location on the map, for trail navigation
- Record your GPS location during ride creating a track
- Display trail & route elevation profiles and 'scrub' along them to see the location on the map
- View local routes that users have created
- View trail logs from users and discover how to explore a new trail
- Automatic trail routing from your location (or nearest parking lot), to the trailhead of your choosing
- Sync and view your saved plans from the Trailforks website
- Follow race course routes including colored stages and checkpoints
- Lookup region & trail info including routes, photos, videos & more
- Use your phone’s compass to orientate the map in the direction you’re facing
- View trail status & reports! Always be informed of up-to-date trail conditions & closures
- Submit trail reports & conditions from the app, including taking photos of trail issues
- Support the areas you ride, by donating 'Trail Karma'
- View nearby bike shops on the map, quick links for directions or phoning the shop
- View trails on map color coded by popularity
- Mountain biking heatmap!
- View custom worldwide topo maps designed for outdoor trail activities
The Trailforks app is your mobile companion to the Trailforks website. It allows you to download offline trail maps for use on your rides!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
You can now share your location while you are recording your activity via the new share button.
If you have issues, please contact email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Game changer, Life saver
The best things in life comes at a price! And the cost of Trailforks is a small price to pay for the best trails App. I have tried them all and Trailforks is in a class of its own! In Illinois Trailforks has every hiking and mountain biking trailz! The accuracy is so much better than anything else. The App works seamlessly and is super intuitive and easy to use. I love the layers and discover feature and the fact that you dont need a cell signal. I have used Trailforks for seven years all over the US, Europe and Africa - I dont leave home without it. Great value for my hard earned money. Higly recommended.
Good luck doing anything besides recording a ride. The app is way overloaded with functions that do not work. You will spend hours on the simplest tasks to no avail, like cropping your avatar as it only displays the top left 16th of whatever photo you choose regardless of size, while the crop box stays frozen in time. Uploading trail photos is a nightmare as the app randomizes the photo information despite your input, and correcting it is nearly impossible. Forgetting to stop a ‘public’ recording will leave a track directly to your house, and when you crop that part out for privacy, it will reappear the next time you open the app, so you must delete the entire recording. Regardless of your chosen region, when you click discover, the app will display trails that are thousands of miles away, and you cannot even narrow it down to your state. I could go on and on as I have spent countless hours over the past few years trying to get the hang this super janky software. My IQ is not low. Sorry trailforks, I don’t think people are looking for a brain aneurism in exchange for a mountain biking app. I have contributed a lot to trailforks btw, and it’s been a painstakingly slow or unsuccessful process. Our time is too valuable to be wasted on this dysfunctional software. Trim the fat, and simplify the process trailforks, it’s that bad. I am guessing the people claiming trailforks as a must have are not contributors or trail builders.
Works well for me
As much as I don't like paying for things I at least understand that most people can't work for free, and similarly app development / maintenance ain't free. (I currently have the Pro subscription) I dont much access the online version (computer) but I agree that there is an annoying login bug, waiting for resolution on this. Its not perfect as far as trail coverage and updates but it's not faltered in finding my ways. That's specifically been Colorado Kansas Missouri Arkansas Spain Sweden for coverages... I recommend it overall. Note After last app update and the issues with it - you should try to delete and reinstall phone app - now mine works fine. Had very prompt communication with app developers and so far so good.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fireroad Holdings Inc
- 259 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2024 Trailforks Mapping Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Trailforks Pro $53.90
- Trailforks Pro Early Adopter $17.99
- Outside+ $89.90