TrailMix is a unique combination of three powerful tools: a running cadence tracker, a step-synchronized music player, and a metronome. It’s an all-in-one app that includes tools to check your running cadence, change the tempo of any song in your library to match your stride, and play a beat to help guide you to the perfect cadence. The Pro version includes the flagship Magic Shuffle feature that finds songs near your cadence, plus the Average Cadence metric.
• While you’re walking, jogging, or running, the cadence tracker detects the speed you are moving at, in steps per minute.
• TrailMix is the music lover’s choice: the original step-synchronized music player, it can increase or decrease the tempo of any song without distortion, and it works with your existing music library.
• The metronome is state-of-the-art, with physically modeled drums, a subtle reverb effect, and evolving musical chords.
◢◤ FEATURES ◥◣
• A cadence monitor displays your current steps per minute.
• Easily increase or decrease the tempo of music or a metronome to help pace your run.
• Synchronize your music to match your cadence.
• Works at any speed: walk, run, sprint, or stroll.
• Play songs from your existing music library.
• Superb audio quality and no “chipmunk” effect.
• Switch between automatic and manual cadence.
• Beautifully crafted, incredibly intuitive interface.
• Built-in pedometer & timer functions.
• Health app integration for steps and workouts.
• Integrates with the Apple Music streaming service.
◢◤ PRO FEATURES ◥◣
• Magic Shuffle finds songs close to your cadence.
• TrailMix Pro also includes three customizable tuning modes for Magic Shuffle.
• The stats screen displays “Average Cadence” information.
The Magic Shuffle feature picks the right song for your current cadence whenever you go to the next track. Customize Magic Shuffle to match your workout style with three unique tuning modes. The best match option picks the song closest to your stride rate, variety mode adds a bit of randomness, and tempo boost aims for tracks slightly below your cadence and speeds them up.
◢◤ RUN WITH MUSIC ◥◣
For downloaded songs that you have purchased or imported, the app features automatic beat detection that works on-device. TrailMix works with all the music on your device, in any musical genre, not just traditional workout songs. Our advanced recognition engine “listens” to the music to sync the perfect tempo. Accurate and efficient, it detects the beat of any song within seconds.
For Apple Music subscribers, we also offer a simple yet powerful experience that works well with streaming. Tap along to the tempo to manually set the BPM, or try a handpicked workout playlist that’s ready to use with TrailMix. (Requires iOS 13.0 or later.)
TrailMix can detect your steps and make the song faster or slower to match your cadence, returning to the song’s actual speed in an instant when you stop moving.
TrailMix also lets you set the playback tempo and lock in a song, or even an entire playlist, at a particular speed. This “cruise” functionality is perfect for runners who want to lock in a consistent stride rate, such as 180 beats per minute.
▪ Play any song, and its beats mirror your feet.
◢◤ UPGRADE YOUR WORKOUT ◥◣
According to scientific research, “synchronizing movements with music enables athletes to perform more efficiently, resulting in greater endurance.” (Karageorghis & Priest, 2008, The Sport Journal). Automatic cadence detection works anywhere, from the trail to the treadmill.
▪ Moving to the rhythm makes your body more efficient. Fatigue slower, become faster, go further.
AUDIO COMPATIBILITY: Works with all standard audio files (MP3, ALAC, AIFF, WAV, and AAC). TrailMix does not include full-length songs.
LEARN MORE: Visit us at trailmixapp.com
Apple Music is a trademark of Apple Inc.
• Added metronome functionality.
• Renamed the “Average Cadence” metric and the “Cadence Playlist” feature.
• Updated text that refers to the current cadence.
• Stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Trail mix rocks!
On a whim I signed up for the 5k Corp. Challenge in Boston then realizing I have not run in over a year started freaking out! Thankfully my good friend Mary recommended Trail Mix to me to speed along the training. Truthfully I have only used it a handful of times because I am a cyclist so I keep putting off running. However I am about a week and a half before my 5k and find that running with Trail Mix is the best thing ever. It keeps my running at a steady pace because the music adjusts to my running seamlessly. My biggest complaint is that my dog isn't cooperating more but I think maybe next time I'll just run without him, unless you have a doggie version for the furry friends that is?
Great product that I highly recommend to anyone who likes running or walking!
Regards & Thanks guys,
Great app with one flaw (hopefully fixable)
This is by far the best running/pace app I've found thus far and well worth paying for. It will either find music to go with your pace or (my favorite) increase the beat of your music to set the pace you want to run. It's easier to use than other apps with similar goals and it works. That said, it has recently been crashing on me. It can go well for half an hour to an hour OR it can crash four or five times in that period. It stops moving from song to song and doesn't respond if you try to move to the next song manually. If you close and re-open the app, you just get a black screen with three small dots in the middle (it seems to be trying to load, but doesn't.). The. Only solution I've found is to totally shut down and restart my iPhone, which I don't want to have to do repeatedly on a run . Please fix this! I love this app and want it to work well.
BEST FITNESS APP EVER
If you like to walk or run for exercise, and you love your music--get this app now!! It is so motivating to have my favorite music in perfect rhythm with my pace. It automatically adjusts when I switch from walking to running. It would even work with cycling since you can set it to a specific beats per minute. I use this app more than any of the other jogging apps, and I use it to play music in conjunction with other apps like Couch 2 5K and Runkeeper. The music and vocals sound great--no distortion. This app is just outstanding! It helped me find the motivation to start jogging and train for my first 5k. LOVE the new updates. You should get Trail Mix!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Resonant Technologies, LLC
- 22.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Resonant Technologies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.