Finally, a weight lifting app that does what a weight lifting app should. Designed by weightlifters, for weightlifters. Come experience the ease and simplicity of IRON.
IRON's members are...
A. Men and women looking for a weight lifting app to help them build muscle, improve strength, and/or tone up
B. Determined gym goers looking for a reliable workout routine (our workouts are hand-made and personalized to your goal; we never use computer-generated workouts in our weight lifting routines)
C. Advanced weightlifters/bodybuilders looking for a weight lifting app to organize their training and track their performance and progress for every exercise (and a powerful and insightful tool to help avoid plateaus)
D. People just starting out in weight lifting who need guidance in the gym, but don't want to pay for a personal trainer
A WORKOUT APP DONE DIFFERENTLY
Every gym goer is different, and every gym goer has their own way of doing things, so we got rid of the rigid structure that you'll find in most workout trackers. Here's what we do differently...
1. If it's a workout or fitness plan you're looking for, we've hand-crafted our workouts to give you a strong weekly regiment. Our workouts are inspired by classic weight lifting and muscle toning principles, proven to bring proper results. We do not offer trendy workout plans that have little effect, like most other workout apps.
2. If you're experienced in weight lifting, you might not need our workouts; you just need an app to track and organize your training. No problem, you can opt-out of our weekly workouts and just build and use your own. We will even change your interface so it's easier and faster to build and access your workouts. No other weight lifting app personalizes to users like this.
3. No workout tracker or workout planner has done anything like the Training Profile. This is where you can explore the ins-and-outs of your training. This is where it's all about you. We encourage you to check it out for yourself.
Choose your plan. We offer monthly, yearly, and lifetime subscription models.
Cancel anytime. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
MORE FEATURES & NOTES
- Workouts you build will save to MY WORKOUTS
- Save any of our workouts to MY WORKOUTS
- Completely edit our weekly workouts
- Info pages for every exercise
- Superset and triset integration
- Pounds (lbs) and kilograms (kg)
- Hide exercises you can't do in your gym
- Weight-by-Plate logging for barbell exercises
- Sort exercise squares by Biggest Lifts or Most Frequent exercises
- We track your 1 Rep Max (1RM), 2 Rep Max (2RM)...15 Rep Max (15RM) for every exercise
- Tap ADD SETS TO STATS to log sets you missed or forgot to log in the past
- Workout finishers: cardio, HIIT, and bodyweight exercises
- Workout and fitness exercises for all experience levels
- Workout timer for exercises that are performed in rounds instead of sets
- A weekly workout planner
- Workouts for women specifically
- Workouts for men specifically
- Edit your fitness goals and weight lifting experience anytime
- Workout tracker & fitness tracker compatibility
- Extensive workout planner capabilities
- Weight lifting is shown to improve your overall health
- Workout planner apps can help you stay dedicated
- Classic weight lifting, bodybuilding, and muscle toning principles
TERMS OF SERVICE
Bug Fixes & Improvements
-Fixes bug causing data not to save on input screen
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Truly Simple (One Suggestion!!! Didn’t know who to reach out to)
This app is great. All the other reviews speak for themselves. Although I wanted to reach out to somebody to suggest this but didn’t know who to talk to. When I tap on “WORKOUT” on the bottom, then “OPEN YOUR WORKOUTS,” I’m bummed that I can’t order them the way I want to. I want to be able to change the order if I’m going by a “Day 1, Day 2” basis so I can go down the list and keep a mental tab of “ok, chest day done, now to core” for example. Thank you!!
Developer Response ,
07/28/20 UPDATE: IRON 2.0 is currently under development after we completed a final redesign. We are thrilled to have partnered with the digital product agency Ramotion to handle our development, and expect smooth sailing from here on out. Check us out on Instagram @theappforthegym for updates as we get closer to launch! We apologize for the delay, but we promise it will prove worth the wait.
Thank you for your review, we’re thrilled to hear you’re enjoying IRON!
We’ve got good news for you, as in our upcoming update, IRON 2.0, custom workout organization is just one of the many new features we have added.
Good for tracking, not much else.
This is a great workout tracking app. It does supply you with sets, reps, and exercises. The major flaw with this app is that it does not support linear progression and gives no guidance in RPE/intensity for a given set.
These days, I should be able to plug in a starting Max for a given exercise and any app worth it’s weight should be able to spit out the exercise, reps, sets, AND weight. Then, when you successfully complete the prescribed exercise it should add 5lbs (or some increment) to the bar for the next workout. Instead, you’re more or less guessing what you can lift for a given set rather than being given an incremental goal.
It also leaves the user guessing as to what intensity to approach these workouts with. For example, given sets of 5,5,3,2,1 for an exercise, it’s actually NOT optimal to make each of those sets a “max attempt”. To a user unfamiliar with strength training principles, they’ll likely max out each time which isn’t a sustainable model for progress.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! When logging sets we currently display the prior rep maximum for every exercise and allow our users to choose the weight increment by which they would like to increase their lift. In future updates we plan to add algorithmic capabilities that will allow for users to choose if they would like IRON to determine their weight for them.
A lot of potential
I like the simplicity of the app, and I love being able to see and track all my PRs of varying rep ranges, that’s extremely important to me. A few things to make it all better.
1. Improvised workouts: my training is mostly Bulgarian style, and usually I’ll workout multiple times a day with different exercises. There’s currently no way to start an improvised workout and choosing exercises on the fly, and no way to track multiple workouts in a day.
2. Logging more than 10 sets per exercise. Sometimes I’ll do an hour of just deadlifting, and I’d like to log more than just 10 sets at a time.
3. Delete some exercises. A lot of the preloaded exercises I’ll probably never do, and it just clutters up the screen and makes the exercises I want to do harder to find.
4. Add body weight to exercises like chin ups, dips, etc. Used in combination with added weight to get a “Total RM” and “Added Weight RM”
5. Make it easier to see other rep maxes. I like being able to see my list of rep maxes quick and easy, but I’d like a way to see other rep ranges maxes easily as well
6. Manually edit the main screen. Only being to view by heaviest and most frequent doesn’t allow me to see what exercises I’m tracking for that moment. All of my deadlift exercises vastly outweighs my pressing, even though I’d like to see my bench, deadlift, and squat front and center on the main screen.
Developer Response ,
Regarding being able to input exercises on the fly, on the current version tap “ADD SETS” and click on the current day’s date on the calendar and it is easy to add sets that way for one exercise at a time as you workout.
In our version 2.0 that is currently under development, improvised workouts will be made much more efficient and many of the other issues you mentioned will be taken care of as well.
Thank you for your detailed review, we appreciate the feedback!
- TRAIN BODY, LLC
- 55.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 TRAIN BODY, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $8.99
- Annual Subscription $47.99
- Lifetime $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.