The gold standard of macOS file transfer apps just drove into the future. Transmit 5 is here. Upload, download, and manage files on tons of servers with an easy, familiar, and powerful UI. Transmit 5 has…
Transmit now connects to 11 new cloud services, like Backblaze B2, Box, Google Drive, DreamObjects, Dropbox, Microsoft Azure, and Rackspace Cloud Files.
And yes, Transmit still handles the classics — FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3 — better than any. We make complex services drag-and-drop simple.
Transmit 5 now includes Panic Sync, our secure and fast way to sync your sites. And our robust File Sync feature adds support for local-to-local and remote-to-remote sync, while also giving you more fine-grained control.
We disassembled Transmit’s engine and rebuilt it, again, to significantly boost speed. T5 is better at multithreading and smarter about complex folders. Plus it’s got a new activity view to better focus on what Transmit is doing right now. It’s very fast.
- Get Info Sidebar. Inspect items as you browse, right in the browser.
- Batch Rename. Powerful, flexible, and built-in for local or remote.
- Places Bar. Jump to your favorite folders with a single click.
- Keys. Manage and generate secure keys right in Transmit.
- Local-local sync
- 2-Factor Login
- Open in Terminal
- Brand New UI
- Extra Large Amazon S3 File Support
- And So Much More
We hope you enjoy using Transmit. Hit us up anytime if you have any ideas on how to make it even better!
• Transmit requires a subscription to use. This subscription includes full access to the Transmit app, as well as access to Panic Sync, our secure online solution for syncing your sites between devices.
• Launch Transmit to begin your 7-day free trial. You can cancel during the free trial at any point, and you won't be charged for using Transmit.
• After 7 days, you'll automatically be billed $24.99/year (or the equivalent in your country) through an auto-renewing subscription.
• An active subscription entitles you to unlimited Transmit app updates, including both minor updates and major new features!
• You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you do, once you reach the end of your subscription period, the app will no longer function. But your data will not be deleted from the app, or from Panic Sync. Simply restart your subscription at any time to use Transmit again.
**Please Note:** New installations of Transmit will now default to binary transfer mode for FTP connections. You may still change the mode to ASCII (text) or automatic at any time in the Transfer menu. This update does not change your existing preference, but we have noticed that many modern servers do not support text mode properly, so we encourage all users to change their transfer mode to binary whenever possible.
• Improved drag and drop compatibility with other apps
• Increased Tab color/contrast when using dark system appearance
• Fixed an error when attempting to move a file after dragging another file to the Trash
• B2: Resolved a crash that could occur on unexpected auth response
• 10.15: Local/Remote toggle becoming unresponsive under certain circumstances
• Resolved an issue where excessive connection churn could potentially cause issues with 2FA on specific SFTP servers
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
OK, but no longer sync via iCloud
I have used Transmit for years, and never had an issue with it. Unfortunately, Transmit now uses their own server to sync instead of iCloud which worked great in the past and I never had issues with it. I have great aversion to apps that use proprietary servers to sync instead of iCloud, and I only use them when there is no alternative. I hope the developers follow the example of other great apps (Like DevonThink, for example) who gives the user options which include iCloud sync.
Developer Response ,
Noted. Now that we're back in the Mac App Store, we'll keep evaluating our syncing While we love being able to fix server-level sync problems ourselves, we also know iCloud is convenient! (Also, If it helps, we have tons of information on Panic Sync here — https://panic.com/sync/ — and here — https://library.panic.com/general/panic-sync-common-qs/ that might help.) Thanks for checking out Transmit 5!
FIX for Multiple Connections to Same Server Issue
I love this app, but was having a bug where I could not use SSH keys to have multiple connections to the same server. The fix is to give each connection its own subdomain, even if its faked.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind reaching out to our support team again with a brief description of the issue? There shouldn't be anything that prevents you from opening two different SFTP connections at the same time in Transmit. We haven't heard any reports of this kind of thing so far, but we'll be happy to investigate and fix any issues that arise.
Getting better every year!
Five seems a little finicky so far, but overall impressed with the updated interface and features.
- Panic, Inc.
- 65.2 MB
- Developer Tools
macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Panic
- In-App Purchases
- Transmit $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.