Transplant Hero is a beautifully created app that helps transplant patients deal with the seemingly impossible task of taking their immunosuppression medications in a timely fashion. It is the unique medication reminder where patients can invite family, friends and clinicians to participate in their care.
As a Transplant Hero Guardian you will be privy to your Hero’s medication regimen and get alerts for taken or missed doses.
As a Clinician you will have a chance to see your Heroes’ missed doses as well as schedule the appointments for them.
Recognizing that no person is an island, this closed network is a tool to increase communication between Transplant Heroes, their Guardians and Clinicians so as to maximize better outcomes post-operatively through medication adherence.
Transplant Hero clears up the confusion by focusing on some of the most important medications and timing them appropriately — so you don’t have to. More importantly, you will have total control over the timing of the medication notification. In this application you will find the list of the most common transplant and prophylactic medications, there is also the option to add any medication to your list.
As you know, serious problems can arise due to medication non-adherence. For this reason if you have a transplant, you need Transplant Hero — because everyone needs a helping hand!
Main features for transplant patients:
1. Add any medication you need (select from the list or add the custom one). Feel free to specify dosage in milliliters, milligrams or even the pills parts!
2. Easily share the list of your medications with anyone you want.
3. Use recommended schedule or adjust timing to your personal lifestyle.
4. Quickly check your day schedule and details of each dose time.
5. Get notifications when it is time to take your pills.
6. Schedule your hospital appointments by yourself of invite your clinicians to do this for you.
7. Earn cool awards for taking medications on time.
8. Invite family, friends or your clinicians and share your medication regimen with them.
Main features for caregivers:
1. Join as a caregiver to get alerts for taken or missed doses.
2. See the up-to-date medication schedule any time.
Main features for clinicians:
1. Join as a clinician to see the medication adherence stats of your patients.
2. Schedule the appointments.
Feel free to send me any questions or ideas about Transplant Hero. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
We are thrilled to invite you to this new version of Transplant Hero! With this update you will get an opportunity to create the hospital appointments for yourself and invite your clinicians to following along with you.
Minor spelling changes made.
Also we fixed the minor problems that some of you experienced when inviting your caregivers. Now you can see the code right next to the invitation! Give it a try!
Ratings and Reviews
Fun way to track meds
I like the app a lot. I like that I get to check off the meds I’m taking, and I like that their is an option to set up care givers so their is someone else to keep track I’m case I forget my meds. I like to be rewarded for taking my meds on time. I just wish their were more rewards.
I like the app however if I took my pills 2 mins before the alarm and run off to a meeting and miss the alarm then I get yelled at and the app locks me out from confirming I actually took the meds. So it appears I’ve missed my meds when I haven’t. Working people need a manual override.
Also I deleted a med and entered a new one. All of a sudden my alarms reverted back to previously set times for some reason? I had to go back and reset each meds schedule. This can take a lot of time when you have a lot of meds. Please continue making this better its excellent for making sure we take our meds and offers our med list on our phones!!
This app doesn’t utilize features present in most modern time tracking apps or calendars. Can not schedule meds for every other day, or for only Saturday for instance. Can’t set your standard pill taking times, rather you must edit each one. Can start and stop meds for a day or two if necessary, like in a hospitalization. There is no access for caregivers to update or change meds. It just needs some upgrading. It’s actually far too simple, not for complicated medication situations like transplant patients need.
- Transplant Hero LLC
- 21.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Transplant Hero LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.