Build the ultimate transport empire!
Take control of your own fledgling transport company, and use your engineering skill and business acumen to keep cargo and passengers moving - and keep the money rolling in!
Transport Tycoon contains everything that made the original PC game an all-time classic, plus a whole host of brilliant new features - bigger, richer worlds, deeper simulation and a huge variety of land, sea and air vehicles. The intuitive new touch screen interface makes it easier than ever to build and maintain your transport network.
Whether you're planning and constructing ambitious engineering projects, or simply exploring the intricately simulated workings of the game's world, Transport Tycoon is your ticket to many hours of absorbing and rewarding entertainment.
TRANSPORT TYCOON is the definitive version of the classic simulation game, created by 31x and Origin8 Technologies in collaboration with Chris Sawyer, the original designer and developer of the TRANSPORT TYCOON and ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON franchises.
• Deploy bus and tram networks to grow sleepy towns into bustling cities.
• Lay cross-country railroads to keep industries supplied with precious resources.
• Construct massive bridges, dig tunnels and deploy earth-moving tools to carve a path through mountainous terrain.
• Build air and sea ports to transport cargo and passengers further and faster in an accelerating world.
• A wide range of beautiful landscapes including deserts, forests, mountains, valleys and islands.
• Several ‘real-world’ scenarios modelled on regions of North America and Europe at different periods in the 20th century.
• A richly simulated world with changing seasons and working industries, farms and towns.
• An all-new interface puts everything you need to explore and interact with the world at your fingertips.
• Over 150 vehicle types allowing you to choose the ideal transport solution for every situation.
• Use railway junctions and signals to allow multiple trains to share your rail routes.
• Modify vehicles and stations and assign new routes to adapt your business in real time.
• Upgrade and replace old vehicles as new and better ones are invented – all the way to supersonic jets and bullet trains!
• Play through 49 scenarios expertly designed to suit all skill levels and playing styles.
• Try to stay one step ahead of advanced A.I.-driven competitor's companies.
• Track your progress and troubleshoot your business with in-depth company statistics.
• Prove yourself worthy of the title of Transport Tycoon and take on the life-consuming 100 Year Challenges!
Like Transport Tycoon on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tycoonsim
Follow Transport Tycoon on Twitter: @TransportTycoon
Transport Tycoon © 1994, 2013 31X Ltd. Created by Chris Sawyer. Transport Tycoon ® 31X Ltd. All rights reserved.
Transport Tycoon is a Universal App compatible with iPhone 4 and newer, iPod touch 4th generation and newer, and iPad 2 and newer including iPad Mini. iOS 6.0 or above recommended.
All content and features are included with no additional purchases required.
- Fix for spanish language that affected some devices
- Fix for some crashes and other issues
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
More ideas for improvement
This game is great, I love it so much, I have too many saves. But at one point you just have too much money and too little space to do anything. That’s the main issue. Anyway the next review is from last year. Ok so updated, because I saw a good point in another review, iPad is a good format to play on, but the boats feature is terrible. You have to manually route them in order to get them to work and, not many people use the boats. Also, what you’re about to read is something I wrote years ago. Hey could you add maybe crashes? Like vehicles can crash? Can you also add highways? Like highways that get auto built by the game? Also add cars! Please that would be awesome because there aren't just lots of trucks and buses and trams in a city is there? Also last but not least...BIG RIGS! The icon of this game shows a tractor trailer but in the game you only have trucks without trailers and that's what I want you to add pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeeee!
It’ll scratch that itch, but the UI is miserable
The controls/UI are stunningly bad (looking at you road/rail placement tool) and there are some major quality of life issues such as the amount of effort it takes to replace your vehicle fleet, or the amount of menus you have to navigate to buy, place, and route vehicles, or how the see-through buildings/trees option still somehow manages to be difficult to see-through, or a hundred other issues that plague this port. Open Transport Tycoon on PC blows this version out of the water in comparison.
That being said, if you need your mobile fix of TTD, this is it. It’s definitely that sweet transportation management/planning action that you so desperately crave. For all my complaints, I’ve logged an absurd number of hours since downloading it last week. It doesn’t seem like the developer is interested in doing anything other than making sure this app is up to date with the latest iOS, so don’t expect any fixes for the issues. But you know you’re going to get it anyway.
Fun, Addicting & Time Consuming
This is one of the best mobile transport sim-like games I’ve ever played. Though there are still some downsides, like not being able to delete a save; I can’t remove roads if they’re claimed by a town, even if I put the road there in the first place; not being able to delete roads of a competitor if they go bankrupt; the fact that I can’t build tracks across tracks built by a competitor; and probably the most annoying one, only having 1 bridge type that can go up and down. But other than that, its still a great game. I hope to see more updates to this in the future.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.