TransUnion: Score and Report is available exclusively for TransUnion Credit Monitoring members. This app is packed with everything you need to monitor, understand and protect your credit – all in one place. Stay on top of any changes to your personal data, protect your credit report and identity, and get the tools you need to help you make smart credit and financial choices all in a matter of seconds—at home, on the train, in the bank—wherever and whenever you need access to your credit information.
MONITOR & PROTECT YOUR CREDIT, QUICKLY AND CONVENIENTLY
With TransUnion: Score and Report, you can instantly:
• Login using the same username and password as your web-based TransUnion Credit Monitoring account
• Check your credit score and report to see where you stand- refresh both daily to stay up to date
• Get instant alerts about critical credit report changes
• Prevent thieves from applying for new credit in your name using your TransUnion or Equifax credit reports with Credit Lock Plus – powered by Multi-Bureau Lock – and unlock whenever you want to apply for new credit
• Learn what’s influencing your credit score through Score Factors, so you can take positive action
• Use our Debt Analysis tool to calculate your debt-to-income ratio
• Check your credit account information to get a complete and up-to-date picture of your credit history
• Review credit inquiries and get alerts the moment TransUnion receives a request for your credit report as part of a credit application
• View public records associated with your name
• Have peace of mind with up to $1,000,000 Identity Theft Insurance
Join more than 12 million consumers who have used TransUnion Credit Monitoring. Download the app today!
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we realize that. We are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help individuals make better and smarter decisions. We help uncover unique stories, trends and insights behind each data point, using historical information as well as alternative data sources. This allows a variety of markets and businesses to better manage risk and consumers to better manage their credit, personal information and identity. Today, TransUnion has a global presence in more than 30 countries and a leading presence in several international markets across North America, Africa, Latin America and Asia. Through the power of information, TransUnion is working to build stronger economies and families and safer communities worldwide.
We call this Information for Good.℠
Introducing CreditCompass™, a first-of-its-kind tool to help you point your score in the right direction, empowering you to consider how to reach your credit goals.
Created by TransUnion in partnership with VantageScore, its personalized recommendations are based on the paths millions of others actually took to reach their credit goals.
Depending on your desired score goal, personal credit profile and proactive credit behavior, achieving your credit goal may take as little as a few months or as long as several years. These recommendations are based on the VantageScore® 3.0 model.
Ratings and Reviews
Should be much better
This has nothing to offer but very simple data which can’t be drilled down into to see details. I couldn’t find a dispute option anywhere and why would there be a separate app. to view and lock credit accounts. You should take a look at Experian‘s app., which looks like their developers wanted to give the user of their app. a lot more of the users own information. Developers, think about what you want to see in a credit report and then think outside of the box of things that can be added to the app. that gives the user more information and more control of the users information.
*if a manager or VP won’t let you make this app. better than you should update your resume because that person is dumb as a box of rocks and should be transferred to the data entry area because that’s typing information directly from a piece of paper. ie.... no thought involved. IJS
I can log in!!! Yay
This new update actually works. I stopped using TransUnion because I didn’t want to log in through a browser. It’s been a long time. There are still bugs it seems. After 2-3 different menu selections the app shuts off. It’s happening regularly. Anyway, I’m happy to at least be able to login :-) Sad that such an important organization can’t get an app to work on a iphoneX with the latest iOS.
Great except for debt ratio glitch...
I really like the app and the it displays. A couple complaints: There is no way to contact TransUnion other than to call during business hours for minor questions. One such thing is that the app shuts down every time to try to do something in the debt ratio section. When I turn to that feature now, there are several multiples of the same “debt added by me” data (like 20) and the app crashes if I try to delete them. The website just wont save any changes. Weird.
- TransUnion Interactive
- 24.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2019 TransUnion Interactive. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.