An interactive British tree identification app from the Woodland Trust, the UK’s largest woodland conservation charity. In just a few steps, you can identify native and common non-native trees in the UK, whatever the season.
Use bark, twigs, buds, leaves, flowers and fruits or our A-Z guide full of stunning, clear images to identify the most common British trees.
Discover more about each species with fascinating facts, folklore, history and uses – from medicine to musical instruments.
- Recognise species in spring, summer, autumn or winter, even when there aren’t any leaves on the trees.
- Use the app when you’re out and about – no internet connection needed.
- Family friendly and easy-to-use.
- Packed with detailed images and illustrations for accurate identification.
- Read fascinating tree facts.
- Add identified trees to your favourites.
- Use the map to record trees you’ve found.
- Share your saved trees with friends
- Add your saved trees to the public map
- Use the map to explore thousands of ancient trees nationwide
- Updated to support iOS 12
- Updated to support Firebase 5
- Updated to support XCode 10
- Updated to support the new iPhone XS Max
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! Get it!
How has this got so few reviews!? Fantastic app. Clean, simple, informative, excellent for identifying and learning trees. Great app and free! Thanks woodland trust.
Just what I've been looking for!
And thanks for making it available for free. Well done!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.