Build your family tree with TreeView and you’ll have your family history at your fingertips, even when you have no signal! Whether you’re an experienced family historian or just starting out, you’ll find TreeView easy to use and an essential tool in your research.
• Includes a number of flexible tree designs including Pedigree, Hourglass, Ancestors, Descendants and Family views.
• Add and amend details easily and add notes, all from within the app.
• View historical records for your ancestors via TheGenealogist (subscription required).
• Upload photos to embellish your tree.
• Offline mode – View your family tree even when you have no signal.
• Information you add on one device will automatically be available on all your other devices.
• Help and advice at your fingertips.
• Import a GEDCOM file of your family tree at TreeView.co.uk (Free of charge) or TheGenealogist to view and edit it on your device.
• If you have already built a family tree on TheGenealogist or TreeView.co.uk, you can log in with that account to view and edit you tree.
TreeView offers you the flexibility to be as private or public with your trees as you wish. With 3 settings you have the choice of who you share your family tree with.
• Invitation only (Users can see if there is a potential match in your tree, but cannot see the full tree’s details without your permission)
We've optimised TreeView for bigger screens (Latest iPhones and iPads)
Added support for pdf & tiff media files.
Fixed a bug where zooming out too far could cause a crash.
Minor security and stability fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I like it but...
It’s a great family tree app if you want something simple. I just wish you could change the orientation of how the tree sits. Also wish there was a way to view the entire tree.
Eh... it's okay but...
This is the only family tree app that isn't really really really really really stupid! It's so confusing though!
Kind of basic but works great; could use some more features and a software refresh
The apps works fairly well for the most part, but it’s a little basic and the software looks about 10 years old (even though the last update was only about 2 years ago) and could really use some a refresh and modernization to improve user-friendliness, speed (slightly laggy for today’s standards though not too bad), ease of navigation, and visuals. Additional suggestions (in no particular order): 1. Ability to view full tree and/or more generations at a time. I’ve read at least one other review asking for this. 2. Ability to add/show adoptive children and parent(s), and support for children of parents that were never married, and support for half-siblings. There’s a way to do half siblings if the parents were ever married, but it’s a bit complicated. You have to add the other parent as another spouse of the shared parent first, then add the half-sibling as a child of the non-shared parent. But it doesn’t work if they were never married. 3. I don’t like that middle names are abbreviated in the tree. There should be a setting to turn that off. 4. More fields for other names, like maiden/birth name(s), former name(s), names in other languages, etc. 5. Support for cultures that write their family names first. 6. Ability to denote sibling order without birth dates. I’m sure it is very common to only know sibling order for ancestors. 7. It’s a bit annoying that you can’t add a sibling without adding a parent first. Right now you just have to add a father or mother and just type unknown or something random before you can add siblings. 8. A checkbox for “name unknown”. Sometimes you have to skip a generation, or an ancestor is known to have sibling(s) but name(s) are. unknown. This would also be a workaround for #7, though it’d be easier if you could just directly add a sibling. 9. Ability to change date order preference, and add day of the week. 10. Ability to denote person is deceased without a death date. 11. Ability to invite others to edit. There might be a way actually as I see a setting for it but I can’t figure out how to invite.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd
- 15.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.