Lead your troops to victory across 125 missions in this exciting WWI strategy game. Now with 9 soldier classes!
Trenches of War is a fast-paced World War I-inspired strategy game. Battle through the Alps by spawning units and capturing trenches, barracks, and factories. Cross rivers that rise when it rains. Use or destroy bridges and cornfields that may aid or deter your maneuvers.
The goal of this game is to cross the battlefield and enter the enemy camp. Doing so will require careful unit recruitment and strategic advancement timing.
Units are recruited and controlled by pressing the buttons at the bottom of the screen. The rightmost button tells three troops to advance to the next trench, the leftmost button tells three troops to halt advancing. Soldiers, flamethrowers, and tanks are capable of advancing into enemy trenches, snipers and artillery will only advance when a trench has been claimed. To access elite units, press and slide up on the Sniper, Tank, and Artillery buttons.
Money trickles in automatically overtime but is also rewarded for killing enemies, capturing trenches, and when a crate falls into your territory.
Killing enemies contributes to a power meter. When this power meter is full, a power-up (speed boost or immunity) is activated for a few seconds.
The score multiplayer in the top-right corner contributes to money rewards and power-gain.
Cornfields blind basic infantry, providing some cover for troops attempting to cross them.
Rivers slow soldiers down to 3/4 of their normal speed when it is sunny and 1/3 of their normal speed when it is raining.
Trenches upgrade over time to acquire barbwire.
Barracks and factories can be captured to spawn units closer to the battlefield.
Bret Black - Programmer/Designer/Producer
Shane Draper - Music and SFX/ Designer
Willem Ytsma - Graphics
- 100 new levels
- 5 new units
- Snow biome
- New music and improved sound
- Improved graphics
- Many new mechanics
- Many bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Game but needs more
This game has been really great game and has given me hours of fun. There is a problem though. This game feels kind of empty and after a few levels you realize that nothing new is happening and switch to a different game. All this game needs is maybe a campaign, and a custom match mode and then you can fight on whatever map you want. (I got the custom battle match thing from the game 1944.) Another thing that needs to be changed is the power ups. It is very confusing to get so many kills and get a random power up. Where you trying to do a killstreak?? The power ups are just weird. What you should have done is just have the player buy some with in game coins and then they can use it when they want instead of randomly giving it to you. All in all I still love this game and hope to see more improvements eventually.
This is a really fun game, but I have a few problems.
- Artillery: When troops come to fight artillery, you’d think they would destroy it as it is a long-range cannon. Well it shreds troops faster than a flame-thrower unit.
- Artillery: My units usually miss, or when they do hit, they have a 50% chance of doing no damage. Unlike enemy units, which are extremely good.
- Tanks: Tanks are odd in the game. They can only be hurt by vehicles or flamethrowers. Why is that? While it makes some sense, it makes them very odd in the game.
- Flame Troops: Can you make them less expensive? I’d think they should be between $125-$250.
- Maps. Can you make maps that are bigger, and have lots of key parts to it? Many seem easy to master, if there’s anything to master at all.
- Game effects on phone: This game overheats my phone like crazy. It also drains the battery extremely fast, yet there’s no need for it to. I have a relatively new phone, but while games with higher graphics take up lots of battery, this amount for the game is massive.
Good but repetitive
It’s a good game, but repetitive, it’s need different units, and I understand it’s supposed to be a simple 2-D game, but it needs to throw in something else. And it’s also repetitive, like if you find a good strategy, it works for every level. (Mine is immediately make an artillery cannon, a machine gun tank, 4 regular soldiers, then keep making the machine gun tanks and make a lot of artillery with a few regular snipers, and you can add planes if you want.)
The developer, Bret Black, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bret Black
- 46.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Vashta Entertainment 2015-2016
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.