Updated Aug. 2020, science-based dietary guide to reduce risk, prevent and combat high triglycerides and its possible causes & complications. (ICD-10=E78).
Choose This not That for High Triglycerides. Inside this colorful app, you will find easy to follow suggestions on how to improve your health through nutrition and the food choices you make every day. This app represents the most comprehensive and actionable nutrition guidelines for how to reduce your risk, prevent and combat high triglycerides. If you rather tackle health issues and risks through proper nutrition and lifestyle changes then this app is for you!
A number of powerful, unique and interactive features make this app so different and superior to others in the market:
• Is this food good for me? This feature answers the common question about suitability of various food items for your personal situation. And it does so in an easy to understand and colorful graphic form.
• Health issues often come our way in groups of two or more. They are often caused by other health complications or result in other illnesses and risks. This publication is the only one in the market that offers dietary guidance for high triglycerides AND its combination with the following most likely health issues: Alzheimer’s disease, cancer risk, depression, diabetes (type 2), excess body weight or obesity, gout, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stress, & Vitamin D deficiency.
• Top-5 helpful items and the Top-5 items to avoid.
• Food Suggestions. You can ask for suggestions on the best food choices within a food group, based on your personal profile. An extremely valuable tool when at restaurants or when grocery shopping.
• ACTIONABLE information on what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for your condition(s). We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within each food group.
• Suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies, when such options are promising and available to you.
Information presented in this app is based on the content licensed from Personal Remedies, LLC. The primary sources used by Personal Remedies are US government sources such as USDA (US Department of Agriculture), NIH (National Institute of Health) agencies, and leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps for chronic conditions in the market. It is based in metro-Boston, home to the highest ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
The information presented by this app is updated by our team as needed and on an ongoing basis. These updates happen seamlessly, and do NOT require frequent inconvenient downloads of a new version of the app.
“This technology was developed using the most current clinical evidence-based information that is available in the US. Behind this technology there is a team of expert clinicians, scientists, endocrinologists, oncologists, and other specialists who are passionate about bridging the gap between expert knowledge and the patient.“
Katya Tsaioun, PhD, Nutrition, Tufts University; L.D.N.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD
Mass General Hospital; Harvard Medical School
“The Choose This Not That series of apps provide dietary recommendations focused on common chronic health problems. They are easy to understand and thus easy to implement into daily life. Most doctors would find it difficult to discuss dietary recommendations at the level of detail found in the series. They should serve as a valuable complement in helping people manage chronic illnesses through dietary and lifestyle modifications.”
Andrew S. Lenhardt, MD
Lahey Clinic, Beverly, MA
We have made significant updates to the content based on new references and scientific studies, added new food items and food-nutrient relationships ... and more.
Ratings and Reviews
Nothing more than lists
VERY disappointed - what a waste of money (for an app this is expensive). This app is nothing more than small lists of foods, like the printed pocket size food lists already available in stores - and they actually contain nutrition data for each food item as it relates to triglyceride impact (glycemic index). I was expecting the app to contain all that and more based on the information in the description. And what part of interactive and action based items are supposedly in the app? Just saying a food item with the mic doesn’t make it an interactive app. This is one reason nutrition apps get a bad wrap. Might as well wrote SCAM across the headline. Consider this one app that will be deleted and never looked at again.
My husband has high triglycerides so I thought this app could help however it suggests Redbull is a helpful drink while Blueberries are harmful. That seems a bit strange in my non-medical opinion. The database is also very slim, it needs some improvement to say the least.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. Looking at our latest data (which is automatically available to you via the app). Blueberries are slightly harmful due to their sugar content. Red Bull is also rated as slightly harmful. That is because while it is high in sugar, it is fortified with various B vitamins (B-3 and B-5 in particular) which are considered helpful nutrients for people with high triglycerides.
Just bought the App-$3.99.
Worked ok first time that I opened it up. Just tried to open it up again, entered my "usercode"(???) had to scroll up to find login button, nothing happens. Will uninstall and reload, but pretty darn amateurish on early review, especially for $3.99.
Great concept though, but needs a lot of work.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Personal Remedies, LLC
- 4.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Personal Remedies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.