Trill is a combination of the words true and real. Trill Project is an anonymous social network where you can freely and safely express yourself. We are an application created by teenagers for everyone. You’ll be able to find a supportive community, make new connections, and have authentic conversations.
- Share your true and real thoughts online.
- Follow the tags that interest you the most to customize your feed.
- “Clap” for posts that resonate with you, and stop obsessing over the number of likes your photo received.
- Find, and add new friends. #MoreFriendsThanFollowers
- Make social media more than just a popularity contest!
- Discover new content about LGBTQ+ issues, current events, and mental health with our Trill Takes, Trill Talks, and Trill Tips.
- Our moderators and proprietary machine learning work hand in hand to keep our community positive.
- Moderators also direct users in need to free and easy to access crisis resources within the app.
- Our first priority is your safety. On Trill, you don’t choose your own “identity”, it’s assigned based on your color of choice.
- Trill is completely anonymous, so you can share your deepest, unfiltered thoughts.
- Additionally, if you feel unsafe, or believe your username has been compromised, you can easily change your “identity”.
- Comment on posts that spark your interest, and read about others’ feedback on your posts.
- Chat with users from across the world.
- Keep it true and real, spreading positivity on Trill!
This is a place where everyone belongs.; everyone is welcome on Trill.
This version contains UI updates and integration of Trill's Machine Learning model to direct users in need to crisis resources.
Thanks for downloading and please keep checking back for new updates!
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing/Beautiful Concept but not so practical
I love this app so much. I’ve used it for about a day and everyone is so supportive and caring.
But, there are certain things and functions that I can’t seem to figure out.
1. How to view someone’s profile from comments. I know that I can check someone’s profile from a post and by clicking on their tag, but I can’t do it through comments.
2. There are three periods (an ellipsis) at the end of every text post. This made me assume that there is more words and that a tap would open the full post. Turns out, it’s just the formatting.
3. There is no way to delete a comment that you made on a post. I accidentally commented “eeeeee” and I couldn’t figure out how to get rid of it.
4. There is no way to edit a post after posting it. I know that this is just a personal thing but I feel like this would make the experience better.
5. There is a glitch with the “clap” count and comment count at the bottom of each post. One post said that it had 3 comments, but in reality there was only one.
I really love this app! But there is definitely room for improvement, and I’m excited with how much more amazing it can get!
Developer Response ,
Hi! 💕 Thank you so much for the feedback. Right now, we are a small startup team, but we are working our hardest to improve the apps technicalities for you and implement these suggestions. Updates coming very soon! In the meantime, thank you for your patience. If you have any future concerns, suggestions, or would like to provide us more detail into your specific problem, feel free to let us know firstname.lastname@example.org. We are so glad to have you as apart of our community!!
Awesome Concept with room for growth
I usually feel social anxiety and saw the Trill app featured, so figured I’d try it. The app, in general, is great; but, what I found out quickly is that it’s mainly teens dealing with teen issues. I sort of expected that, and even though my persona is concealed, I didn’t feel so comfortable - guessing many close to graduating college or older might feel the same. My suggestion would be to have people pick an age range, and have areas where only people within that age can post. At the same time, I’m sure we can mentor those younger than us and perhaps learn from them, so having areas where mixed age groups can communicate would be awesome. I’m not a parent; but, have two teen nephews, and playing around with Trill for a few minutes did give me further insight into feelings and thoughts that they’ve expressed, and made me realize that there have been times when maybe I should have given them better responses or reacted differently to things they have said or done - so might be a good idea for parents to also explore Trill, especially if they’re struggling to communicate with their kids.
As we all know, social media can get toxic. It can make you feel as if you’re not good enough for any one because everyone only posts the good in life. However, with this app, you can truly be yourself.
I love the anonymous aspect to it because you have no idea who they are so you can’t judge them. It is a beautiful environment and everyone cares for each other in this app. There’s no discrimination or judgement going around. The fact that people trust this environment enough to share their deepest secrets just goes to show you how amazing this app is.
Of course there is room for improvement as there is with every app but this app truly is uplifting.
- Logical Nonsense, LLC
- 46.5 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Trill Project, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.