Trillian is both a free instant messenger for individuals and a powerful business and clinical communication platform used by companies and healthcare systems of all sizes. Here's how we can help you:
• FOR BUSINESSES: Does your business still rely on texting or cumbersome email chains? Let Trillian's modern and secure business instant messaging modernize employee communication without compromising on security or control.
• FOR HEALTHCARE: Your healthcare organization needs secure instant messaging, and Trillian's HIPAA-compliant secure messaging platform has you covered. We help teams of all sizes improve clinical communication without breaking the bank.
• FOR INDIVIDUALS: Stay in touch with family and friends without compromising your privacy. Your unique Trillian username can be used to send unlimited messages free of charge over your existing data plan and/or WiFi.
Whether you're looking to empower secure employee instant messaging or just to keep in touch with family and friends, Trillian can help. Thanks for checking us out!
Bug fixes. Full changelog: https://www.trillian.im/changelog/mac/6.5/
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome! Just one thing
I have a macbook for my own personal Trillian, and I use the macbook app. I have a Trillian for work, and my work computer is Windows. One thing I have noticed is that with the Macbook desktop app, my status updates and shows if I am idle, and at what time. My windows desktop always says I'm Online on my screen, no matter what. Even if I am idle for an hour for lunch, the status on my screen and my profile show that I'm online, but to my coworkers my status says I am away.
My hope is that the fix the windows desktop version to update the status on my own screen so it says when I changed to idle. The macbook version does a great job of this
One of the few great pro Mac apps left
There has been a trend of terrible UI designs by recent app developers (think Skype, Slack, DropShare 5, etc.) I'm very happy that Trillian keeps the usable UI and pro feel without slashing features. I just switched from Adium since Adium has been long neglected. Trillian is very stable for me, and I haven't had a crash yet. I just wish it supported OTR encyption.
Used to be better
I've used Trillain since it was in beta. At first it connected with many chat services and agressively stayed on top of those (AIM, Yahoo Messenger) that changed their APIs, by updates that got back in. But that has tailed off in recent years, as those services that haven't closed (like AIM or Yahoo), are locked out of Trillian (like LinkedIn, Google Talk/Hangouts, Skype). In addition, the Mac client never really has mateched the functionaliity the Windows client. The Mac client does not connect with IRC or with Pop/IMAP email, as does the Windows client. It will do Facebook, Twitter, the almost defunct Goggle Talk, any XMPP service and something called Olark, as well as the Trillian Astra network. If you use one or more of those, Trilllian remains a great choice with a nice user interface. But it used to be better.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cerulean Studios, LLC
- 41 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Cerulean Studios, LLC