**Winner of the Children's Tech Review Editor's Choice Award (4.5/5 Stars)**
- CTREX “Responsive and straightforward, this leveled spelling game was designed by teachers, and it shows.”
- Geekswithjuniors.com "Trilo Spelling offers a good amount of practice for kids ages 4+ to improve their spelling skills…The app includes a large vocabulary, so kids can learn plenty of new words."
- The Horn Book "The games themselves (developed with feedback from elementary school English teachers and their students) provide good practice in phonics.”
Trilo Spelling is an educational and adventurous phonics based spelling game for kids grades K-2. Follow the friendly ghost Spooka, the one-eyed mummy Sling and the funny zombie Frank through multiple spelling levels in the enchanting Trilo World while collecting puzzle pieces for hours of fun and learning.
- The phonics sequence includes short vowels, consonant digraphs, FLoSS rule, and beginning and ending consonant blends.
- Each level has new phonemic awareness activities with corresponding vocabulary lists.
- Kids expand their vocabulary from the 250 words included in the game.
- Captivating 3D graphics that keep kids engaged.
Trilo Interactive company highlights:
- The app was developed in Sweden and tested in the United States in cooperation with elementary school teachers and students. Direct teacher and student feedback was implemented for improved learning effectiveness.
INTERACTIVE GAME PLAY
Kids touch and select letters and photos on the screen while hearing the sounds to help them expand their vocabulary in a multisensory, phonics-based, immersive approach. Kids increase their understanding of basic and intermediate word structure through playing the game.
MUTIPLE LEVELS OF PLAY FOR BEGINNER AND ADVANCED SPELLERS
There are five levels of spelling and reading fundamentals for players. Each level introduces a new group of letter blends and a corresponding vocabulary list. Kids begin learning short vowel words and progress towards ending and beginning consonant blends. Levels become more challenging, but Spooka and her Trilo friends are there to encourage kids throughout their spelling adventure!
CREATED IN COOPERATION WITH EDUCATORS AND STUDENTS
Trilo Spelling was developed and tested in coordination with US elementary school teachers and students.
We are a member of the Know What’s Inside™ program
- No third-party ads
- No in-app purchases
- No integration with social networks
- We do not use analytics/data collection tools
About Trilo Interactive
Trilo Interactive AB is an education app development company based in Sweden. Trilo's mission is to use apps and educational technology to creatively engage children and foster their love of learning during their most formative years of schooling.
Visit us: www.TriloApps.com
Follow us: www.twitter.com/TriloApps
Like us: www.facebook.com/TriloApps
For Free Spelling Content please email: Learn@TriloApps.com
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
We have gathered user feedback and have made general updates for a better app experience:
- Updated progression of the gameplay to keep children engaged
- Adjusted level challenges for all 5 games around the spelling island to improve the learning experience
- Includes information about Trilo's vision and how to get FREE print/offline content that complements the Trilo games
Ratings and Reviews
At first I gave the app a lower score thinking there was a bug since I almost never got any sound in the app. It turns out it was user error. If the phone is set on silent mode the game will not have any sound.
Ironic character choice
My 4 yr old loved it at first. And then a few weeks later, she stop playing it. I asked why and she said she’s scared. I bought it because I did think it was a great teaching app, but I did wonder whether characters would scare my kid. Sure enough she developed fear. Out of all cutesy characters out there, why monster/ghost/freaky-one-eye mummy? Why risk it with kids? Otherwise it’s a great app, but since she won’t play it anymore out of fear, it became a useless app now.
Awesome Game to Help Young Readers
I was a pre/school and Kindergarten teacher for many years. I am always looking for games for my grands that encourage reading and spelling growth. Games that are fun and encouraging. This one does all that and more .so glad to have found it!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Trilo Interactive AB
- 71.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2016 Trilo Interactive AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.